Sunday, July 03, 2022

A Good and Horrid Day

 Yesterday morning we had grey skies with a bit of sunshine. By noon it was dark (like dusk) and we had a shower of rain. The humidity was horrid; the high was 24.3C with a humidex of 29C. This morning it is clear, sunny, and 16C. It is going to be another humid day.

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit took quite a while to wake up. He was in a good mood looking at how much the garden had grown. Daughter-in-law and grandson showed up to mow the lawns and weed whack. He was excited to show them the garden. We all were outside helping; I got the leaf blower to blow grass of the driveway and the Spousal Unit got out the broom. 

I had spent the first part of the morning cleaning the pantry. I got rid of all the outdated spices and a few other items. I scrubbed the shelves and organized it all. I'm happy with it now. There is a top shelf above the one with the sugar on it. It has storage bags on it. I seem to collect them in different sizes from different stores.

I will bring up a few items from the basement to fill the shelves and then decide what I need to buy. I am buying an Insta Pot. I would love to make some freezer meals for us so we can have them on days that aren't going so well. I can cook them in the Insta Pot.

The afternoon didn't go so well. After a nap, the Spousal Unit went outside and when I checked on him, he was in the shed. He was ranting and raving things had been stolen from it. Someone had pulled down the solar lights on the shed and moved a cucumber pot. Hmmmmm......... I think that he was in such a frenzy that he pulled down the solar lights thinking it was someone else and in the process moved a cucumber pot. He carried on until 9 p.m. about throwing everything out of the shed, burning it down, tearing it down, going to get someone to help him move the pictures in the basement to a safe place, and clearing out the garage. 

Once I got him into bed, he was up and down as there were people in the house. I finally turned on most of the lights and asked where these people were. He sat down at the table, folded his hands and said he was staying up all night while they sorted it out. I asked again where they were. He didn't know. I said they had left here to sort it out in some other place. He looked relieved, went to bed, and started to settle. He turned the light off and on a few times and by 1 a.m. he had settled down to sleep. A full 9 hours of it. I was exhausted and spent time being angry at the world and Alzheimer's. I feel lonely, isolated, and hated. Yes, it is a weepy time for me at the moment. I will get over it as I have to. I need to get rested up so I can move forward on my plan.

Sewing

I did sew yesterday until just after the Spousal Unit went out. I got the last applique on the back done and one big and one small applique on the front done. 

I have at least 2 more sittings before it will be done. I did lay the skirt pattern pieces onto the satin so I can do a lining. A lining will hide the waist seam (Yes!) and cover the stitching on the underside of the skirt. 

Knitting

None as had to deal with the Spousal Unit. 

Today

I am in survival mode. I am exhausted (4 hours sleep) and am monitoring the Spousal Unit carefully. Though he is subdued, he could flare up at any time. It's like walking on egg shells. I am hoping we can both have a nap this morning and we wait and see what this afternoon brings. The phone is charged so I can call for help at a moment's notice even if it is 911. 

Until the next time...................................................

1 comment:

  1. I have been assuming you have a plan for when it is no longer possible for you to care for your "spousal unit." I know that would be a very big and difficult step to take.

    ReplyDelete