Monday, July 25, 2022

Heat Heat Go Away

 Yesterday was another hot day with a high of 32.9C and a humidex of 40C. This morning it is cloudy and 22C with a humidex of 29C. The humidity never got below 49% yesterday. We are still under a heat warning for today and probably tomorrow. There is no rain in the forecast until Friday.

Lifestyle

We are tired of the heat. It is making us all tired. Thank goodness for a/c or we would be extremely ill with heat exhaustion. 

The Spousal Unit had a fairly good day yesterday. He was upset thinking someone was touching the hedge and I let him rant for 3 - 4 minutes validating his concern. Then nothing more about it. The new medication is doing its job and will be increased on Thursday. He is more aware of what is actually going on around him, less anxious and isn't pacing. He told our son that he needed the medication as it was helping him. Family noticed how much calmer he is.

We had the Spousal Unit's birthday dinner at family's in the a/c in-law suite. Grilled steak, roasted potatoes and our version of Greek salad. Dessert was ice cream cake. Grandson took the Spousal Unit out to look at the huge rocks for the retaining walls. When we looked out, both of them were throwing small rocks at those big ones. We laughed at them. When they came in, they were sheepish when we asked them about throwing rocks. The Spousal Unit thought it was funny.

Sewing

I got no sewing done yesterday. I napped instead as I was tired. 

Thoughts

With the Spousal Unit more alert and aware, I am having to be more careful snooping around and arranging items. This will be both inside and outside. This is good (he's alert and aware) and bad (he will see what I'm doing) and could hinder me. The plan is to take some books and puzzles to the used books store first. I can sneak them in August when I need to shop in New Minas. 

So I don't start a scene, I am going to focus on the sewing room. A bit at a time starting in the area where I have a table I do pattern drafting and courses at. That area doesn't bother him at all and it needs doing once again. 

Today

I have two loads of laundry to do, take the Spousal Unit's medications up to be blister packed, and water the garden. I want to finish laying out the quilt while respite is here. I have to make wraps and devilled eggs for tomorrow's lunches. It's great having lunch ready a day ahead. 

Until the next time....................................................................

1 comment:

  1. Great news about SU's medications! I'm really feeling sluggish because of the heat, too.

    ReplyDelete