Friday, July 22, 2022

Thoughts

 Yesterday was a scorcher. The high got to 33.4C (92F) with a humidex of 42C (108F). It broke the record for hot days. This morning it is cloudy and 22C. The humidex is 30F already. We could have showers today. The high is to get to 31C with a humidex of 38F.

Lifestyle

Yesterday was a day of anger. The Spousal Unit started the day off removing his belt buckle and blamed me. I quietly fixed it. After breakfast, he went outside and when I found him, he was in the shed. He came out and yelled at me that some people had opened the shed and were stealing items. He quickly went around the back of the shed to show me the people but saw no one. As I went with him, I saw the big tub of cucumbers on its side. I asked him if he knew why they were like that and he responded it was there to keep people out of the yard. I picked it up, tamped the plants back in place and water it. Plants saved as they have cucumbers on them. 

The lawn people arrived just as we were ready to go to have the oil changed in the car. He was upset as he didn't know we were having them. He stormed into the garage and told me he was getting out of here. I said to get in the car and I'd get him out of here. After 3 tries he got in. 

After we got home, he had issues with his pipe. Tobacco missing, no matches, trying to light it in the wrong place. I tried to help but left him as the verbal abuse was too much for me to handle. He finally got it lit, had his smoke and came in. Time - about 3 pm. He sat down in his chair and he fell asleep. We both napped until 4 pm. 

The car did get serviced and we have an appointment on Aug. 4 to replace the back tires. One tire has a belt broken in it and will be replaced by the tire insurance I bought. The other tire is wearing down and will be replaced. The front tires still have plenty of tread in them. 

Sewing

I didn't get any sewing done yesterday. I did peak into the sewing room and looked around twice. No energy to start on the quilt. 

Thoughts

As I said yesterday, I will continue to grow vegetables and flowers until I can't. I would love to clean out the shed and get rid of the items we don't need, use up what is in bags and have it well organized. It can be done when the time is right. I can keep the gardening/winter tools organized and easy to get to. 

My next thought is the sewing room. I am going to work slowly on getting it cleaned up and decluttered. Items like the puzzles I will find somewhere to donate or take them to the used book store. They are leaving as we've done them and they are taking up space in the sewing room. The books will go to the used book store. I am going to revert back (Aug 1st) to using mainly the stash. What will be bought is only what is needed for the project I'm working on at that time. The same goes for the yarn I have stored. Use it up first. I will ask for knitting needles for Christmas presents to replace those that are wearing out. I need to keep focused on sewing down the stash. 

Today

The Spousal Unit was up at 6:30 a.m. and had a fit over the garden (mainly the cucumbers). He was ranting and raving and ready to pull out the plants. I got dressed and sat outside and convinced him to join me. He did and he talked and I listened. If I validated, he got angry and construed what I said. After nearly 30 minutes, we came in and he is asleep at the table. 

We have respite today and I will grocery shop and lay out the quilt. I'm not sure what to expect after respite leaves but I am thinking I will try getting him to watch the last day of the Calgary Stampede which I recorded on the PVR. I need to water the garden and trim up some leaves off the one cucumber pot. 

Until the next time................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment