Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Heat Warning Over - Still Humid

Yesterday was another hot muggy day with a high of 33C and a humidex of 40C. Thunderstorms were predicted late in the afternoon but they didn't happen. Warning disappeared. The sky got dark in the evening and I saw a flash of lightening. The storm had arrived and we had quite the show with a heavy rain. That storm lasted 15-20 minutes. The next storm came through after midnight. In the end, we had a total of 1/4" rain fall. This morning the temperature is 21C with a humidex of 27C. It is suppose to clear off and be 29C with a humidex of 29C today. 

What warnings we had yesterday afternoon. 

Lifestyle

We were both tired yesterday and the Spousal Unit was a bit cranky due to tiredness and the approaching storms. My knee and back were very sore due to the storms. The Spousal Unit had a nap before lunch and we both had a nap in the afternoon. 

I did a few things up in the morning - laundry, bed made, and a bit of tidying up. Continuing care arrived at 10 a.m. and I got the necessary paper work done for long term care. I had to get the necessary paper work printed or scanned for our coordinator. 

Respite arrived at 10:30 a.m and I was out the door as soon as I could get out. Medications for delivered to the pharmacy and I got a few groceries. Home for lunch.

We delivered ice to family in the late afternoon. I emptied the ice into a 6 litre zip bag from Ikea. That is one big bag.

They were happy to get the ice and I'm happy to have the ice maker making new ice. We do use a lot of ice ourselves in the summer. 

We have entered the 7th wave of Covid so we now have everyone we don't know masking up when entering the house. For our safety and for theirs also. Confirmed cases have double when I read the news release on Friday afternoon.

My giggle yesterday. 

We all need one once in a while. 

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room laying out the rest of the quilt. I almost died as my back and knee were throbbing from the incoming storms. But I got it done with a few minor changes. 

I have two 6" squares to change and I'm ready to trim up the blocks that need to be done. If I do 1 - 12" block, I have to do them all. It won't take long as I will do them on the table. Then I can sew everything together. Daughter loves how it looks so I am happy. 

Today

I want to fold laundry this morning and try to figure out something for dinner. I've been horrid about that due to the hot weather. Respite is here at noon and I'm going to head out to the quilt store to get a couple of things, home to work on the quilt and have a rest when she is gone at 3 p.m. I have to make wraps for tomorrow which is easy. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment