Friday, July 08, 2022

A Bad Start To A Good Ending

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day. The high got to 23C and the humidity was low for here. This morning it is 12C and sunny We are to have a high of 23C with some clouds and a chance of showers tonight. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday started out with delusions, anger, and exhaustion. The Spousal Unit spent time going around the garden, into the garage, and outside again. He spewed hatred towards me as I was the target. After many attempts and several outbursts, I told him he had to sit down and rest before he could have matches. He finally complied and had a good 30 minute nap while I rested. He woke up in a much better mood and got the matches.

After a good lunch, we laid down on the bed for a rest and we slept for another 90 minutes. It was good to wake up feeling more rested and in a better mood. The Spousal Unit was in and out with some monitoring. He was happy. But he lost the day.

Daughter-in-law was in to get the garlic scapes and was heading home to sleep. She got the least amount of sleep of all of us. We wished her a good sleep and really hope she got it. 

The garden is growing and the beans and peppers are coming into bloom. The carrots are growing and daughter-in-law ate the ones I pulled to show her (I'm slowly thinning them). The tomatoes have more blooms and the peas should be blooming in the next week. The cucumbers are growing but won't be blooming for a while.  

The Spousal Unit is up, groggy and having pain in his arm. He slept really well so will take time to wake up this morning. I will give him an Aleve after breakfast. If all goes well, he should have a good day.

Sewing

I didn't think I'd make it down to the sewing room but I did. I got the Regency dress skirt gathered and pinned onto the dress, the lining cut out and sewn and most of it gathered onto the dress bodice. It took me a few minutes of trying to get the lining in correctly so the waist seam will be hidden. 

I bought the soles and insoles for doll shoes. Enough for 12 pairs. I have 3 pairs planned already. Next is to buy the pattern I want and the glue needed to glue the insoles and soles onto the fabric uppers. 

A friend brought me a bag of lace and trims last night. I need to go through them and see what I want and what I will toss. Some of it will be great for doll clothes and all will need washing. 

Knitting

I was going to knit last night but didn't. We watched a show on Victorian farming which we both enjoyed. 

Today

I am going to clean some in the bathroom and washed the living room windows. I would like to work on the doll's dress. Respite comes at 2 p.m. and I'm heading out to the quilt shop and to get groceries. Tonight will be quiet with videos on Victorian farming and I hope to knit. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment