Saturday, July 16, 2022

Another Challenging Day

 Yesterday wasn't as hot with a high of 23.9C with a humidex of 28C. It got to 14C this morning and we are to have another warm day with a high of 27C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday was a day full of challenging behaviors. The Spousal Unit did a lot of pacing inside and out and was very verbal on how he hates everyone in the world. He did calm down some for the respite worker who was fabulous with him. In the afternoon, the Spousal Unit pulled out 3 cucumber plants. He wouldn't relax and rest which was challenging as he was getting exhausted. Around 4 p.m., I growled quietly at him telling him I was going to water the garden and he wasn't to talk back or stop me. I set boundaries for him and he went in and sat in his chair. As he went in, I saw him start to relax. When I came in, I started dinner, turned on the Calgary Stampede and we had a good evening. I am starting to think the garden is a trigger for him. He was out there this morning and is upset with it. He's giving up on the garden he said but is still talking about it.

I got the grocery shopping done and once I made the Spousal Unit's lunch, I had mine in the basement while I watched TV.  I needed the time to myself. 

While watering the garden, I found 2 tomatoes on one of the Early Girl plants. 

And a pepper which we haven't had success with for many, many years. There are a lot of blooms on the six plants I put in.

There are hundreds of tiny beans and more to come. No picture of them as they are too small. 

Sewing

I went up to the quilt shop to get daughter 2 pieces of fabric she requested. I also bought fabric for 2 doll's dresses and a piece of red/black lumberjack fabric for a jacket. I also got 2 spools of thread for embroidering on the doll's dresses. 

I have to look at the placement of the embroidery for the Soutache dress. It is going to be a challenge so I will be doing a mock up. I also want to find a simple pattern to embroider onto the next Regency dress pattern. The dress will be white with variegated gold/silver thread. 

I got the inner border fabric starched and pressed. I was very lucky to get that done. 

The stand for large spools of thread for the Juki has been paid for and shipped. It should arrive between July 22 - 26.

I had a good look at the Thread Director 2 as I want to play with it using 2 spools of thread on doll's dresses. The company sent me the original Thread Director which only has a place for 1 spool of thread. I won't hear back about returning it until Monday. Not only did I pay for the wrong Thread Director, I paid for having it shipped and their policy is for the buyer to pay to return it. I have questioned that. 

Today

I have to try and keep the Spousal Unit calm today. He is tense due to the garden (trigger?). I need to do a load of laundry and I would like to press the fabric for the quilt and start cutting it out. It all depends on the Spousal Unit and how he does. 

Until the next time..............................................................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:29 PM

    I just want you to know that I check your blog everyday to see how you are doing and thinking of you from a distance.

    ReplyDelete