Tuesday, July 12, 2022

The Regency Dress is Done

Yesterday was a warm sunny day. Even the wind was warm. The high got to 26.7C with a humidex of 29C. This morning it is 14C and the high is to get to 27C. It is to be sunny with some showers tonight.

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit woke up agitated yesterday morning, mainly about the garden. He felt someone had put bad fertilizer into the soil. It is vermiculite which he told me was something they used to make paint. 

Respite came at 8:30 a.m. and spent time looking at things with the Spousal Unit. They ended up sitting outside under the umbrella. When I finished with a meeting, respite was gone and the Spousal Unit was standing on the deck lost as he couldn't find me or him. We sat under the umbrella until I made him lunch. 

After lunch we went for a nap as he was tired from being up early and visiting. It wasn't a very long nap and he was out the door ranting about the vermiculite in the soil. He was demanding and nasty. I let him hook up the hose and he started to water the plants. When I came out from the bathroom, he had cucumber pots tipped over and was washing the soil out of them. I race down to rescue the poor plants and hope the one that was broken will survive. I did sneak 3 more seeds into that pot. 

The Spousal Unit moved on to drowning the vegetable boxes. When I spoke to him, he ripped out 3 tomato cages doing no damage to the plants. At that point I called son to help. When he arrived, I realized that the Spousal Unit was still angry with him and greeted him with a nasty comment. No matter what either one of us did, he got worse and more aggressive. It was really bad and I finally got the Spousal Unit into the house.

I ended up taking the Spousal Unit on a 45 minute drive and started to calm him down. He has no idea that what he is doing is not acceptable but if we do the same thing it is not acceptable. As we drove around, I talked and then was quiet so he could process it. I made reference to things I thought he could understand and he may have understood part of it. While I was doing that, family was putting black soil down over the vermiculite so he won't see it. They are angels and I do love them for what they do. 

We watched the Calgary Stampede as we ate our supper and then I had the Spousal Unit in bed just before 9 p.m. I was exhausted and was in bed shortly after him. I didn't sleep well as I am stressed, worried, and anxious. Not only for myself, but for family who is as tired as I am. When we are tired we are not on top of our game. I am making a call to the doctor for an appointment and am calling continuing care to get the Spousal Unit onto a list for a home. It takes about 6 months or more to get him into one. Probably longer as I want him close to home. 

Sewing

I finished the dress and I am pleased with it. The hours of hand sewing paid off. 

I wouldn't line the skirt again if I was using a heavier fabric. There is a lot of gathering in the back.

I put the overlay on and I'm in love with the look of the outfit.
 

Even from the back looks great. 

Now to try and get pictures outside. 

Next up is to press the fabric for daughter's quilt and launder the fabric for the next pieces of the doll's modern wardrobe. 

The soles for the doll's shoes have left Chicago. They are getting closer to here. I'm getting excited and hope to make a few pairs during respite time. 

Today

I have several phone calls to make about the Spousal Unit. I hope to have a bit of time in the sewing room. We will watch the Calgary Stampede and relax. But, as we all know, all of this can go south in a second. 

Until the next time............................................................

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:22 PM

    I have to give you much credit for all your efforts with your husband. It must be heartbreaking as well as exhausting.
    Glad sewing provides some distraction for you.
    Hope the search for a new placement goes speedily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a tribute to your fortitude that you can make lovely doll clothes even while dealing with the deteriorating health of your spouse. Some sanity in the midst of chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems your spousal unit enjoys Calgary Stampede. If possible, make recordings for when it is not being broadcast. We did this for a sick toddler with train shows.

    ReplyDelete