Saturday, July 02, 2022

More Progress On The Regency Dress

 Yesterday was a warm one with a high of 26.7C. There was sunshine and clouds but overall a gorgeous day for July 1. Today it is cloudy and 19C. We are to have showers and a high of 25C. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit vented on for a couple of hours before he had a nap. He woke up grouchy but not as bad as prior to his nap. He had another nap and woke up feeling better. 

I helped him shave and when I touched his arm, he said if I did it again he would punch me in the face. I didn't argue with him but told him that wasn't appropriate behavior. He didn't care. 

Respite was from 1 - 4 p.m. The lady who came is his favorite and he loved visiting with her. They even shared an apple while sitting on the deck. When she left, he was totally relaxed and happy. He loves the social interaction respite gives him. 

We had a lovely dinner at family's. Friends were there and we had lots of good laughs. A perfect ending to the day. We both slept well last night which was good. I did wake up when the fireworks went off at the Crossing but was back to sleep quickly when they were over. 

Sewing

As nothing was open yesterday, I went down to the sewing room and did 2.5 hours of hand sewing. I now have 5 of the 6 pieces sewn onto the back of the skirt. 

This is the finished side. I am happy with it. 

The second side has 2 of the 3 appliques done. 

Though a lot of work, I am thrilled with how it looks. 

Knitting

I didn't do any as we were out. 

I have been looking at these two skeins of yarn and am thinking of getting one or both. 

The yarn is created by a person who lives here in Nova Scotia and I love to support local artists. I would only get one skein to knit doll clothes with and then make an outfit to go with it. I can buy it in Wolfville which is a bonus. 

Today

The goal is to clean the pantry. I haven't gotten to it yet and I like it organized. I'd like to sew today and knit tonight if it is at all possible. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment