Thursday, July 07, 2022

Appliques Are Done

 Yesterday was wet and grey. We had 1" of rain fall and a high of 19.4C. Mid afternoon the rain stopped and the sun came out in the late afternoon. This morning it is 13C and sunny. We are to have a high of 23C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning we had our hair cut and we had good visits with our hair dressers. The Spousal Unit and his hair dresser talked about gardening. We were home in good time. We rested as respite was coming at noon. There was nothing we could do as it was raining hard. 

Respite came and the lady was fabulous. She kept the Spousal Unit engaged in conversation, looked at his pictures with interest, and tired him out. He was a happy person and I have requested we have this person and another one on a regular basis. 

Last night was a tough night. The Spousal Unit went to bed but couldn't sleep. We talked for a bit and then he rolled over and spent the next hour talking to himself. He got up as he had to do something with batteries for the car. I tried for 30 minutes to calm him down as he was winding himself up quickly. At 11:30 I had to call in family and we got him into bed after 1:30 a.m. Cause of this - two intense activities in one day. I am realizing that the Spousal Unit can only have one activity in a day. He is still delusional this morning and very tired. 

Sewing

I spent most of the respite time in the sewing room. I finished hand sewing the appliques on the front of the dress. 

It took about 6 days to get it done. I am pleased with how it looks. I started hemming the skirt and got one of the backs done. This satin is easy to hem with no stitches showing on the front. 

Knitting

None as the Spousal Unit was wanting to talk about his afternoon. 

Today

It is survival mode today. I am already monitoring the Spousal Unit closely as I'm not sure what he will do. I hope to get him to nap after lunch. What gets done, gets done, otherwise it gets done another day. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment