Monday, August 01, 2022

A Crazy Day

 Yesterday was another warm day with a high of 27.8C and a humidex of 31C. Today is 16C and we could have thunder showers during the day with a high of 28C and a humidex of 32. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning had the Spousal Unit looking (and finding) some old scissors and he started to cut the leaves off the bean plants. I got him to stop though he was angry with me. He did wait until family came to mow the lawn. Grandson mowed while son and daughter-in-law helped us pick beans. We got about a pound from the plants. When picked, we let the Spousal Unit pull the plants and we checked them before putting them into a leaf bag. 

After a break in the shade, we picked peas. We did the same with them and we all helped pull the plants. When done we pulled the garlic. I put them in the wheelbarrow in the shed to dry until Tuesday when I need to hang them. Son got out the hand cultivator and readied the beds for the next planting of beans and peas. It was a productive morning with lawns mowed and gardening done.

After lunch, I shelled the peas and got almost 4 cups. Family got about twice as much as we did. 

I sat down on the couch to rest and both of us fell asleep. I woke up around 40 minutes later. I got up to do things -- make the bed, water the garden, and clean up the kitchen. I had thought that we would go out for dinner when the Spousal Unit woke up. 

The Spousal Unit woke up around 4 p.m. and he was delusional. He didn't know me and told me to leave as this was his house. I said we were going to get dinner. He said he wouldn't go in the car with me as I was whacky in the head. He yelled at me for watering the garden. He was up and down the stairs yelling things were stolen. I showed him where they were. This continued on for an hour when I called in family. 

When family arrived, he yelled at son who came first. I was looking out the garage door when this happened and the Spousal Unit told son that I (the whacky twit) was to leave right now. Daughter-in-law arrived and they tried to settle him. He didn't know who any of us were, there were 5 people in the house stealing things, and he didn't even know who he was. He took off on them and daughter-in-law got him back. He grabbed a driveway marker and was going to scratch his name on son's truck. He finally sat down and daughter-in-law came in. Son was calming him down and doing a good job of it. We made dinner and he ate a big plate of food. He was calm. After dinner I helped him lock up the place, cleaned up the kitchen, and we sat quietly in the living room. I asked him if was tired due to having a busy day. He said he had a crazy day. He dozed in his chair until I got him into bed. He slept well though he was up several times to the bathroom (still a bit agitated). He seems calmer this morning. 

I was upset trying to deal with him but realized that he was non-responsive to me. I was both a trigger and a target. I wasn't a failure in how I dealt with him though I did get angry with him a couple of times; once when he pushed me. As son said "We need to be patient" when he's on what we now call Planet X. This time I didn't cry. I was more angry with the disease as it is making his life miserable. It also tells me he needs to be in long term care where he will be a lot safer than he is in our home. I fear he will fall down the stairs, run out in front of a vehicle, or trip on any outside surface hurting himself.

Sewing

While the Spousal Unit was asleep and my chores were done, I did work on the quilt. I got the narrow border cut out and the sides pieces pinned on. One side border got sewn on and the seam pressed open. 

It is August 1 and I have a list up for this month's sewing. I need to revise it as I'm not sure how much I will get done. I know I will sew one day as it is my rest day. I'd like to sew a bit the other 3 days as I need to as part of getting mentally well again. 

Thoughts

Until the Spousal Unit no longer gets upset about things outside, I will not be touching the shed. I will tidy it up a bit here and there but nothing major. The garage is the same. I will sweep the floor and keep things under control.

I'm back to thinking about meal planning. I'm so tired that I am having a hard time with it. I need to clean out the freezers and get some meals prepped and frozen. I've got lunches almost mastered and now I need to get on with dinners. I have several ideas written down which I will buy and cook for us to have on hand. 

I am still looking at the Instant Pot. I will get it bought when I'm able to focus on it. I want to make soups, stews, and chili for winter in it. I could get a large slow cooker instead so will have to do some price comparing. At the moment, the air fryer is on hold. Do I really need it?

Today

I have a few things to do and we are taking daughter-in-law to Sackville at 11:30 a.m. I need to call respite as I didn't get a call yesterday. I have a feeling we are going to be without as I asked for 2-5 p.m. I need a break to hide away from the world so I can get my bearings back again. Once again I'm back to being burnt out rather than being exhausted. We wait and see if we get the time or not. 

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment