Friday, July 01, 2022

He Flips Like A Switch

 Yesterday was a warm day with lots of sunshine and a high of 25.3C. There was a small thunderstorm in the afternoon that didn't produce any rain. Today is going to be another warm day with a high of 28C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday was a wonderful day with the Spousal Unit being lucid and calm. He walked around the garden, talked to me, and was pleasant. It allowed me to have breathing time to make potato salad and deviled eggs. 

There is that much again as I always make daughter-in-law and grandson some. 

The Spousal Unit was pretty much pain free until late afternoon and evening. I made sure he had something to help ease the pain. He was in bed by 9 p.m. 

About 90 minutes after we were in bed, I was awoke by him leaping up in bed. He was swearing, angry and having delusions. His pipe was broken, things were stolen, and he was going to have me put in jail. He was up and down, the lights were on and off and people were in the house. I finally got him settled down and back to sleep well after midnight. This morning is a continuation of last night. He is into everything, swearing, accusing me of things and being downright nasty. Life is about him, his pipe, tobacco, and wallet. The disease makes him flip like a switch. 

It is going to be a long day. Thank goodness respite is from 2 to 5 p.m. I will need the break as I'm tired and feeling helpless. 

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room and got 2 appliques sewn down on the dress. I enjoyed doing it and did relax. 

I am hoping to get into making doll shoes. I need to order a pattern and the soles. Very simple ballet style shoes that has a video to go with it. I need time to get the supplies and time to work on them. I will figure it out when I'm not so tired. 

Wren Feathers has a delightful pattern up for free. It is part of her yearly sew along. The theme this year is French fashion for American Girl dolls. 

I have downloaded the embroidery files also. I'm going to make this one and will be looking for a nice simple cotton for it. Pale with darker embroidery. The picture is of a Happy Kids doll and I will buy the pattern to make my girls a dress also. I will be practicing the embroidery files so I can get good placement on each of the pieces. 

Knitting

None last night as the Spousal Unit had a spell of depression. I had to talk to him about his worries. 

Today

Today I had hoped to have lots of time sewing but I think I will be spending lots of time following the Spousal Unit. The lawns will be mowed this morning and respite this afternoon. I have to clean the bathroom and move myself into survival mode until this spell is over with. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment