Thursday, July 28, 2022

The Garden Is Producing

 Yesterday was warm with a high of 28.C with a humidex of 30C. This morning it was 14C, sunny and no wind. It is suppose to get to 30C with a humidex of 35C. 

Lifestyle

My morning of doing a few chores and resting turned into a morning of getting the few chores done just before respite arrived. The Spousal Unit decided we should pick beans early and then decided when I could help they would poison everyone. It was difficult to talk to him as he was agitated and frustrated with everything. On the up side, he didn't pace around the house or outside. 

The Spousal Unit was quite relaxed with the fellow who came and at lunch time he ate well and was happy. After he left, we had a few issues but I could talk to him. He ate his dinner and relaxed after dinner. When he went to bed, he fell asleep immediately and had a good sleep. 

Elliott hides when things are tense and visits us when it's calm. Last night he was happy to sleep between us on the couch. 

This morning he was out for his snoop on the deck. I left the door open to let in the cool air and he was a good fellow sitting at the door looking out. 

He never crossed the threshold while the door was left open. 

The garden is growing by leaps and bound. I am amazed at it. There are peppers which will be big when they are ready. 

And the tomatoes are growing also. They will ripen as time goes on as it is a late season this year. 

The beans need picking this morning and the peas will be ready Sunday or Monday. 

I did get the garden and flowers watered in a timely fashion. After cleaning up the kitchen, I did garbage and took recycling and compost to curbside for today. I am having to do more and more as time goes on. 

Sewing

I spent the vast majority of the respite time in the sewing room. I sewed on the quilt and am 2/3rds done the main part. It was nice to have the time to focus on a project even though I was tired. 

The mess the blocks were in weren't as bad as I had thought they were. Only 5 blocks needed to be straightened out which was easy to do. 

Today

I am on my own today. Beans need to be picked. Lunch and dinner are planned and are easy to make. I would like to go down to the sewing room for a bit to pick up the puzzles and books and get them ready to sneak out of the house the week after the tires are replaced on the car. I will box them up and get things ready to go. I would like to press the long seam open on the quilt if I can. Most of this depends on the Spousal Unit. So we wait and see what happens.

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment