Wednesday, July 06, 2022

A Busy Day

 Yesterday was warm and sunny with a high of 25C. The humidity was low enough that the humidex was only 26C. This morning it is raining and 16C. It is to rain until sometime during the night. The high today is to get to 18C. 

Lifestyle

As the cleaners were coming after lunch, I spent the morning doing up some things I always do in preparation for them coming. Two loads of laundry got done but not folded. Garbage was taken out, the table cleaned up and odds and sods done. 

The past 2 weeks I have cleaned the bathroom, hallway, and laundry closet. I also cleaned up the couch and made sure the kitchen was kept quite clean. This next 2 weeks I want to clean the windows (pollen) and do the spare room. 

While the cleaners were here, we went to have a short visit with Son. When we came home, we water the vegetables and then walked across the street to visit our friends. The Spousal Unit watched while our friend working on his travel trailer and I visited with his mom. We came home to cool off and have dinner. We went out quickly after dinner to get cash for haircuts today and ended up having a 30 minute drive. We were home by 7:15 p.m.

The rest of the evening was time to get the Spousal Unit ready for bed. He has his sad time which I think comes when he get tired at the end of the day. He sleeps well at night if we talk and relax before bedtime. 

I am close to getting the Instant Pot. It will be for both regular and frozen meals. I will have to put in an order to Amazon for the extra things I need. Or is it want? lol.

Sewing

When I got the house ready for the cleaners and the laundry was doing its thing, I went down to the sewing room. I got one large and one small applique sewn on. 

Two left to go and that job is done. 

Next up is to cut out daughter's quilt. I will need to press all the fat quarters (starching the fabric first) and then lay the pieces out on the floor to get a pleasing design. I am looking forward to that as I can sew it up quickly. Then I will need a trip to the quilt shop for the narrow border, batting, and backing.

Knitting

None again as I sat and talked to the Spousal Unit. I am going to have to try and knit while we talk. Evenings are turning into his time to be close to me. 

Today

We have haircuts this morning and then I want to fold laundry. Respite comes at noon and I want to sew while they are here. A new person is coming so I don't like to go too far on their first visit. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment