Friday, July 29, 2022

A Very Quiet Day

Yesterday was another warmer day. The sun shone and the high got to 29C with a humidex of 35C. Clouds rolled in around dinner time and we had about 20 drops of rain in the evening. This morning it was 19C and we are to have showers. The high is suppose to get to 26C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was a very quiet day. The Spousal Unit had two anti-depressant pills and he was quiet all day. He helped pick beans (2.25 lbs worth) and then he had a relaxing day. He talked, was outside some, and sat around keeping cool. In the afternoon, he mumbled a lot which I couldn't understand. When I said he needed to rest, he fought it quietly. When I said he didn't need to close his eyes, he shut them and had a 10-15 minute nap. 

We went out to family's last night and had the last of the Spousal Unit's ice cream birthday cake. We walked around to see the retaining wall at the back of the garage. We all complained about the humidity. 

I was tired yesterday but not exhausted. I'm relaxing as the Spousal Unit is relaxing. I'm still having pain in my back and knee but I'm hoping as I relax it will ease off. I'm also going to try and go back to eating correctly if the medication keeps the Spousal Unit calm and happy most days. I am starting to work on a plan. 

Sewing

I got down to the sewing room as the Spousal Unit was inside a lot more. He actually came down and sat while I worked on the quilt. I pressed open the seam I had stitched the day before and sewed up one more column. As things were going well, I pressed those seams open and stitched it to the main quilt body. It got pressed.

Two columns left to go and I can start the borders.

I did some cleaning in the sewing room also. The table I do drafting at got cleaned and wiped as did the corner desk. Puzzles got organized as did some books. They will go to the used book store mid August. I wiped the baseboard and washed the floor in that area on my hands and knees. I put the Juki sewing machine box into a corner and will cover it with fabric and use it as place to put a few items I need. I may need to get something to put on top of it to make it sturdier. 

While looking at Pinterest, this gorgeous table runner came up on my feed. I am going to try and figure the size of the strips to make one for our house. It looks like it is fat quarter friendly.

I am thinking the squre is 3" (finished) and the strips are 2.75" (finished). Later on I will look for fabric to make this with. The designer did all straight line quilting on it which I will do also. A great project for me to work on that is quick and simple. 

I am still working on not doing a lot of buying of fabric for the next while. On my list to make in August is the doll's outfit in yellow and navy, two bags for daughter and son-in-law and a gift bag for daughter. I'm trying to stay on track and sew down the stash. 

Today

 I have to go and give blood for the doctor and drop off grandson for physio. I need to find out who is coming and when for respite as I need to grocery shop and pick up the Spousal Unit's medications. I want to visit our neighbor for a bit before we head into the weekend and being alone. I may get to sew and then again I may not. Depends on the day.

Until the next time....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment