Saturday, July 23, 2022

Is The Spousal Unit Calming Down?

 Yesterday was another hot humid day. The high got to 30.7 (87F) with a humidex of 39C (102F). This morning it has heated up quickly and at 9 a.m. it was 24C (75F) with a humidex of 30C (86F). Today's high is to be 32C with a similar humidex as yesterday. 

Lifestyle

It was another rough day yesterday for us. The Spousal Unit is angry and when I had the respite coordinator here, he threw her flip flops at me. He settled down before dinner but was restless the first part of the night when we went to bed. He ate a big dinner which was nice. 

On my part, I spent the time walking carefully on egg shells which is hard to do. My stress level was up so my pain level in my knee and back were up. I put Voltaren on my knees and it helped one. The other one hurt so I put Voltaren on the sore spot on my back. The pain subsided so much that I slept for 6 hours straight. 

I looked at both the Instant Pot and an Air Fryer at the Superstore while grocery shopping yesterday. I may get the air fryer next week when I shop again. I need to save some more points for the Instant Pot. 

We picked some beans yesterday and I want to pick some more this morning before I water the garden. They are growing quickly in this weather. 

Sewing

I spent almost 2 hours working on the quilt top. Laying it out is a painful process. I'm working hard on it. 

The very dark fabric is throwing me. I need to put one more shorter piece of it in the the 6th or 7th column and the longer piece in the 9th (final column). 

A couple of things I've learned from this pattern. Don't buy fat quarters. Buy it the full width of the fabric. I have to trim most of the longer pieces as they have selvage showing. The remaining pieces I would sew together and make a scrappy binding. 

Once the layout is finished, pieces cut, it will be easy to sew. Four seams per column. then 7 seams to join it together. Once the two borders are on, my friend can quilt it for me. 

Thoughts

I opened the door to under the stairs and I need to deal with the items under there. I've made a firm decision to only have three displays for Christmas. Cardinals, Nativity, and one on the table. The rest of the items will go including the Christmas tree. The western ornaments will go to daughter. The rest I will donate to a family in need. I am also thinking of donating the outside lights as I can't put them up by myself. I need someone to help me and I hate taking them down in the cold. We have Christmas with family every year which has become a family tradition. The Halloween and Fall decorations will stay. There are other items I need to deal with and it will happen when I can do it. The Christmas items will be first. 

Today

Though the Spousal Unit growled this morning, he as been calm since he got up. Is the anti-depressant medication starting to work some? I am hoping to make a small potato salad and a couple of devilled eggs to go with pork chops for dinner tonight. I will make 4 wraps at noon so we have lunch made for tomorrow. The garden needs to be watered. What happens after that remains to be seen. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment