Monday, July 11, 2022

Thank You

Thank you for all your kind words and thoughts. It is a challenging time at our house right now. 

Yesterday was another lovely sunny day with a breeze and a high of 22.8C. The humidex was 24C which is still tolerable. This morning it was 9C and partly cloudy. I love these cooler mornings. The high is to get to 28C with sun and clouds.

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit is going through a tough time right now. He is extremely tense which makes the pains he is having worse. It is a cycle that adds to his frustrations. 

After many hours of letting him talk and wander around, he finally was able to tell me what is frustrating him. I did a lot of listening, looking at his concerns, and answering his questions. In the end, I finally got him to focus on relaxing on some good things -- a sunny day across Canada, fruit from our trees in Ashcroft, the tides coming in and going out and what ever I could think of that makes one happy. He relaxed, went to bed, and slept all night. He is grumpy this morning with pain in his arm. 

I got two loads of laundry done. Not folded but it's done. I took the Spousal Unit out for lunch in New Minas and we went to a park to eat it. He really enjoyed that. He enjoyed watching the Calgary Stampede. Those were the two times he was calm. 

Sewing

I got into the sewing room yesterday. The Spousal Unit was in there looking into everything so I chose to watch him while I finished gathering and pinning the skirt lining onto the bodice. It is ready to be basted to see if my idea works. 

Knitting

None done. 

Today

We have respite coming at 8:30 a.m. and I have a Zoom meeting at 10:30 a.m. I hope to get laundry folded, sheets into the laundry, and a bit of sewing done. We have to go out and pick up a prescription. 

Until the next time....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment