Thursday, June 30, 2022

From Bad To Good

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day with little wind and a high of 25.1C. The humidity was low so the humidex was 27C. This morning it is calm, sunny and 10C. We are to have a high of 26.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning was the same. Angry, stress, and blaming me for everything. In actual fact, his delusions had him thinking I was saying things I never said. Or if I said something kind, it was construed to horrid in his mind. When the respite worker arrived at 10:30 a.m. I was a bit concerned how he was going to behave around her. I told her to call if she needed assistance. 

While I did the grocery shopping, the Spousal Unit relaxed and was quite calm when I got home. He ate a good lunch and relaxed a bit. But the pain made him nasty once again. I took him out for ice cream and then he napped a bit before a later dinner. He snapped out of it and cried. He told me he was a failure, he was loosing it, and he didn't do as he had promised my dad. He stopped crying when I soothed him and he went outside. 

I came out with him on the deck and we talked about the garden. I popped in and out as I cleaned up the kitchen. The new neighbor's dad was mowing the lawn so I gave them some grass/leaf bags for the grass clippings. He was admiring our garden, the lawn and our deck. He has a loud voice so the Spousal Unit heard everything. It made his day. We lent the man our spray nozzle and his grand-daughter (maybe 3 years old) had fun watering their plants. 

We took a walk around the vegetable bins and the tomatoes are in bloom. How exciting was that. With the heat we've had, they've grown enough to have blooms. The garden looks lovely and when I stood up at the neighbors and looked back, our place looks really nice. 

The Spousal Unit has asked if he had been a jerk the last while and I said he has had a rough few days and not to worry about it. He went to bed in a good mood and has woken up in good mood. His posture is good as is his balance. I hope for a good day for his sake. 

Sewing

I did get down to the sewing room for 30 minutes max. I got the hem of the skirt serged and pinned up. The back seam is sewn up and I adjusted the appliques. I have them well pinned on. 

The first one is trimmed and ready to sew down after I press the hem. I then decided to look for pearls to sew on the flowers and found this tube in the doll's jewellery supplies. They are a bit bigger than the ones used by the manufacturer but they work. 

I had just enough time to sew 3 beads on one flower before taking the Spousal Unit for a drive. 

I am pleased with what I got done is a short period of time. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as we were outside until about 7:30 and then we talked and watched a video. 

Today

I am planning on making potato salad and deviled eggs this morning. We will deliver some to family tonight. I hope to hand sew the first applique down and get the next one ready and maybe sewn. No knitting tonight. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment