Sunday, November 21, 2021

The Dress Has Been Started

 Yesterday was both cloudy and sunny. When the sun shone, it was beautiful. The high got to 4.5C which was cool. This morning it was -4C. It is suppose to get to 8C and a storm is coming this way. Rain starting tomorrow. 

Lifestyle

With the storm coming it, my back ached yesterday. I did get the floors vacuumed and washed but it was a painful job. I had to rest which makes the job seemingly go on forever. I did get it done and will start vacuuming the basement on Monday. 

I did a bit on the puzzle yesterday. It is slow going but we will get it done. There are 4 more puzzles to be done this winter. 

Elliott is back to normal now though he does his main sleep in the living room and not our bedroom. 

Sewing

I spent a big part of the afternoon in the sewing room sewing the test pattern I will probably not have finished by the time it is published. 

All of the main color is cut out and part of the contrast. I worked mainly on the skirt though I did the bodice to see how it will look together. 

I dug deep into the trim container and found the daisy trim. Enough to put a row down the front of the bodice rather than buttons. The collar is planned out of the butterfly fabric. There should be a small butterfly showing on each upper collar piece. The butterflies will almost disappear on the upper sleeves as they will be gathered on top of the main sleeve. I'm okay with that. 

There is enough of the butterfly fabric left to make another dress for the dolls. I'd love to make it into another historical outfit. 

Knitting

The gusset on the 2nd sock is done. Though I'm happy it is done, it wasn't has hard as the first one. I did have to unknit a couple of times as I wasn't paying attention on the heel padding that I extended into the foot. 

Here is a peek at my book. I keep track of the rows knit and do go back and look at what I've done when knitting a pattern another time. I do put down a note if the decrease is an even or an odd row for the gusset on socks. And you can see that I write other notes on the page such as the vet clinic's address.

I had issues with the gusset on the first sock so I did a 2nd page for it. It was a simple way to keep track of the decrease then plain knit rows. 

Today

A day off from housework for me. I will do some of the budget, a bit on the puzzle, sew and knit. We have to go out for a bit this morning also. I need to buy apples. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment