Friday, November 26, 2021

I'm Getting There On All Fronts

 Though yesterday was dull and grey, we only had a couple of small showers. The temperature climbed slowly all day and was 6C in the evening. This morning, it is cloudy and 5C. We could see some showers today and rain tonight. The high is to be 7C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday, the Spousal Unit was out before breakfast to shovel part of the driveway. He finished it and the deck after breakfast. All that is left this morning is small piles of snow from plowing and shoveling and in some sheltered areas. 

I spent the morning cleaning both the bathrooms and part of the kitchen. The basement is now clean. I need to start again upstairs. I'm sure that it will go faster than before as I've been working to keep it cleaner on a daily basis.

There were 22 new cases of the virus, 1 death, and 24 recoveries reported yesterday. Things are stabilizing number wise here. I am still waiting to get my booster shot. No dates have come up after Dec. 15 for me. 

Sewing

I cut out and sewed the collar pieces for the dress yesterday. I'm a tiny bit off on the placing of the small butterflies but it will work. 

 

The lining for the bodice is now cut out and I can finish the bodice. This pattern is more complicated and is taking me longer than I had hoped it would. But, I'm enjoying the process. 

Knitting

I finally photographed the test sweater. The first picture shows how dark it has been here as you can't see the pattern. And, usin dark colored yarn doesn't help. 

The sweater fits well and I love the hat. It has a jaunty look to it. Here is a lightened picture so you can see the pattern on the sweater. 

This sweater goes to the little girl I've been giving items to for her dolls. 

I've been knitting on the socks and the second sock is coming along. If all goes well, I could have them done by the end of the month. I will miss knitting this lovely yarn as it is so soft to work with. 

Today

We are heading out to do some shopping, mail the doll so she is on her way back to Ontario, and stop at the quilt shop to see if I can find fabric for a Christmas gift. I'd like to do some sewing on the bodice and knit on the socks. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment