Friday, November 05, 2021

Doll Pajama Sewing Spree

 Yesterday was cool with a high of 8.7C. There was sunshine and a bit of wind. This morning it was -2C and we are to have 8C and sun again today. The weather is to start warming up after today.

Lifestyle

The big job yesterday was to clean the living room windows. I had done them in late spring using bleach to kill all the mold and it was a gross job. I've been monitoring the windows and it seems as if the bleach did the job. I cleaned every bit of the three windows and all I removed was dirt and some dead flies. The job took over an hour to do but the end result is clean windows and no mold. I have lots of windows to do yet and know that three in the basement have a bit of mold on them. I will be tackling them on a warm day (Sunday perhaps). 

There were 50 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There were 20 each in 2 health zones. There are 9 people in the hospital with 1 in intensive care. We have a briefing today which I will be watching. 

Sewing

I decided it was time to sew some pajamas for the dolls. I used a McCalls pattern that I had sewn 5 years ago. The pattern is still available.

I dug into the doll's flannel stash and decided to use a piece that I had bought 5 years ago. I cut out the pattern and started to sew it together. The neckline has bias binding on it (purchased??) and I made my own from the flannel. It is a tad heavy so I will do a Hong Kong finish on it the next time. I didn't put any lace on the pajamas as these go to the little girl I love to sew for. 

The sleeves were easy to put in and once the 2nd sleeve is in, I will zig zag the seam allowances. One more afternoon and the top will be completed. I have the remaining steps planned out in my head so I can do as much as possible (hems) flat. The bottoms won't take long to sew so I hope to have them done by Saturday afternoon.

I have a few more pieces of flannel out to sew up. I would like to have 4 pairs of this pattern made and 1 pair of another for a boy doll. That will get some of the doll's stash sewn up. I have one piece of a large plaid flannel I will make into a blanket and will use up the left over flannel from grandson's pajama bottoms for another blanket. I'm on a mission with these even if they aren't done until January. Between pairs of pajamas, I will do some piping and grandson's pajama pants.

Knitting

I didn't knit last night. I was tired and didn't want to tackle sewing in the sleeves. Dark yarn at night isn't my idea of fun. 

Today

I have to go grocery shopping, try to clean two more windows, do some laundry, sew, and knit.

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment