Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Plodding Along

 Yesterday was another dreary day. The temperature dropped all day and it seemed to be lightly raining each time we looked outside. The high was 11C (midnight) and the low was -1.1C. There was 11.7 mm of rain. There was about 34mm of rain fall which was nothing compared to one area where 101.1mm of rain in 2 days. This morning it is -1.1C with a wind chill of -5C. It has snowed but not a lot.

Lifestyle

I was downstairs early and spent the morning cleaning up. In the family room, I swept, dusted, and moved furniture around. We now have the puzzle table under the pot lights. It is better but not the best. We will try 100 watt LED light bulbs. The room looks much better now with everything cleaned up. I also swept the sewing room floor which needed to be done. Next up down there is the storage room which I did start but I need time to focus on it. 

We worked on the puzzle and got a few more pieces in. Every time I look at it, I seem to get 4-5 pieces put in. The Spousal Unit seems to get about that many pieces in also. 

There were 29 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. The active number cases in the province is 184 which is down from yesterday. There is a live briefing today which I will watch. 

Sewing

I finished the second sleeve in the dress. Those sleeves are a lot of work. 

I am now ready to start the collar so I can finish the bodice. 

With Elliott being ill, I did not get this dress done as a test pattern. The final pattern has been published. It was one of those things that happens. I will finish it for the doll that is suppose to be coming. No word yet about her being shipped.

Knitting

The first sock's foot is completed to the toe. I have started the second sock's foot and hope to have these socks done by the end of the month. I am so pleased with them as the color is perfect for a male and the yarn has been a dream to knit. 

Today

I wait and see how I feel today as I'm short on sleep once again. I need to get groceries and my prescription. I may go down and clean the storage room as it really needs attending to. I will knit. Sew; maybe not. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment