Tuesday, November 23, 2021

A Wet And Windy Day

 Yesterday was a wet day. The rain started late morning and there were period of heavy rain and high winds. There was 2+" of rain fall until midnight. The high got to 13C and this morning it was 7C. It is still raining and the temperature is suppose to drop and we may see snow flurries later this afternoon. 

Lifestyle

I did the budget yesterday for October and had absolutely no issues with it. I had thought there would be as we were both tired from a late night on Sunday. 

We both worked on the puzzle yesterday. A big piece was put in and at that point the lightening was so poor we quit. I am on a mission to improve the lightening in both the sewing room and the puzzle area of the basement.

There were 60 new cases and 1 death reported for the 3 days over the weekend. There were 88 recoveries and the number of active cases is 193. 

Sewing

I did over an hour of sewing yesterday and got one sleeve ready to serge the side seams. Putting the puff part on the sleeve was a lot of work. 

I drew a lot of lines where I was to sew and gathered up the pieces. I was ready to holler out a lot of words by the time I got the sleeve cap gathered in pink thread. By then the sewing area was too dark to sew in and I had hit my limit for the day. 

I have decided not to a series of tutorials on the quilt I am going to make for daughter. I will go through each step as I do it which will include the tools I use, how I chose the fabric, fabric care, etc. If people wish to follow along, it will help them make a similar sized quilt. This will be done starting in January.

My doll arrived yesterday and I was excited. That excitement turned to disappointment when I opened the box. Instead of the doll I ordered (#26) I got #81.

I called customer services at Chapters and it is all straightened out. I need to return this doll with a shipping label they sent me and they are in the process of shipping the correct doll. I expect that I won't see the parcel until sometime in December.

Knitting

I knit some rounds on the sock. I have a mistake to correct what will require me to sit quietly, drop a stitch and make it right. A crochet hook will be used to pick up the stitches.

Today

I want to work on the budget some more and pay bills. I hope to move the puzzle table under some pot lights so we can see better. The second sleeve will be worked on and I will knit tonight. It looks like another day at home with the weather we are having.

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment