Friday, November 19, 2021

Sock #1 Gusset Done

Yesterday the weather was different. Though it did rain a bit, the temperature went up all day and we ended up with a high of 14.8C. This morning it was 13C and the temperature will drop and it will rain until sometime this afternoon. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning was busy cleaning the bedrooms and the hall. It is nice to have the floors washed and most of the dust gone. 

After lunch, I took the last box to daughter to the post office. I'm happy they are all gone from the house. Now to focus on gifts for family here. 

There were 22 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. With 22 recoveries also reported, the active caseload remains at 236. 

Sewing

I was in the sewing room for 5 minutes sewing a button onto grandson's school blazer. I took it over to him on the way home from the post office as he needed it for today.  

Knitting

With the day being busy and when I needed to rest, I knit on grandson's socks. 

I had to set up a page to keep track of the decrease rows as I got messed up at one point. The number with -1 means I have decreased for the gusset on that row and that is the number of gusset stitches on each side. I needed 8 stitches on each side and quit when I got that number. 

I am now ready to start the gusset on the 2nd sock. I'm moving along nicely with these socks. 

Today

The bathroom is the target area today along with laundry. I hope to work in the sewing room and do some knitting. It is too wet and dark to go anywhere today. 

Until the next time..................................................
 

No comments:

Post a Comment