Friday, November 12, 2021

Elliott Is Coming Home

 Yesterday was a mixture of sun and clouds with a high of 7.5C. This morning it is clear and -3C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 9C. It is hard to believe this time last year we were having 20+C temperatures and breaking records.

Lifestyle

We were both exhausted yesterday. It was hard slugging getting anything done. I finally got it together enough to vacuum the stairs and front landing and then scrubbed it on my hands and knees. I am happy that job is done. My final burst of energy was used to clean the kitchen up before heading out for dinner at family's. 

Dinner was a lovely meal of leek and potato soup with the buns I had made on Wednesday. We laughed and enjoyed our evening with family. We were home just before 7:30 pm.

Elliott had a rough day at the vet clinic yesterday. There were a lot of cats come in and it was noisy and busy. That stressed him out and one vet was at her wits end with him. Another vet came on for the night shift and gave him a bit of sedation to calm him while she handled him. He relaxed with it and was happier. He peed and is ready to come home this morning. He will be much happier with us and the quietness of the house will keep him calm. 

Sewing

I thought about it but didn't have the energy to do anything with it. 

Knitting

I got the 2nd sock started and have 34 rows knit on it. I am happy with the progress I made.

I did knit more rows after the picture. 

Today

I am off to get Elliott from the vet in Dartmouth. Once home, I will decide what I am going to do. It all depends on Elliott. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment