Saturday, November 20, 2021

Fabric Chosen

Yesterday was a wet day here. It didn't rain incessantly but it rained. The high got to 14.5C which was nice. This morning it was 2C. They are calling for a chance of snow with a high of 3C. 

Lifestyle

Though my back was sore for a weather system coming it, I slugged at cleaning the bathroom. It was nice to get the room spotlessly clean once again. The hardest job is cleaning the jetted tub as I have to crawl into it as it is near impossible to reach into. 

Two loads of laundry were done and are ready to fold. I am keeping up on the housework now that Elliott is back to normal. 

I did about an hour on the puzzle yesterday. Between us we got about a dozen pieces put in. I am having problems finding the border pieces so I started putting together inside pieces. The Spousal Unit did the same. 

There were 27 new cases and 1 death reported yesterday. It is upsetting that our new case numbers are high due to the spread from the gathering at the end of October. 

Sewing

I did go down to the sewing room yesterday to find fabric for a pattern I want to sew. 

I dug in the doll's stash and found one piece I really like. It means buying fabric. I am hoping to save it for another doll's dress too. I was thinking Jo's (Little Women) dress.

I'd love to do the dress in the teal and use the plaid for the contrasting fabric. It means buying .5 meter of the teal. So I dug deeper into the stash and found this combination. 

I would do the dress in the plaid and the contrast in the butterflies. After looking at what others have done I have decided on this fabric combination. I hope to start today. 

My sewing mojo has been slow as I've been micro monitoring Elliott. Yesterday was the first day I felt like leaving him alone upstairs on his own. He did come down to visit us so all is well with him. I can now start to sew once again. 

Knitting

I have half of the gusset knit on the 2nd sock and it has been easier than the first one. 

Today

I would love to clean the kitchen, cut out the doll's dress, and knit. But that could change if we decide to go for a drive if the sun continues to shine. There is rain in the forecast for 3 days starting Monday. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment