Saturday, November 27, 2021

Fabric For A Quilt

 Yesterday was damp, cloudy and warm. The high got to 7.6C and we only had showers during the day. This morning it is 6C and the sun is trying to shine. We are to have rain and/or flurries today and the temperature is to drop to 3C. 

Lifestyle

We headed out to do a few things yesterday. We got apples, and took the parcel to the post office. Next was to renew the sticker on the license plate. We decided to get light bulbs and maybe shop a bit. We went to one store that wasn't busy and got the light bulbs and headed home. It was busy due to Black Friday sales. 

The weather has left me feeling tired and feeling a bit depressed. I had a nap after lunch which wasn't necessary but I had no energy. I did work on the puzzle for 15 minutes in the evening and got 8 - 10 pieces in. I also did some cleaning in the kitchen which made me feel a bit better. 

I had problems sleeping last night. I stressed out and had a small anxiety attack with the announcement of the latest variant of the covid virus. Part was the unknown of the variant and if our vaccines will keep us safe and part was being tired of staying safe all the time. The planning is taking its toll on me and I need a break from it. I am working on that break. 

There were 28 new cases of the virus report yesterday. 81.2% of Nova Scotians are double vaccinated. There are no  appointments for booster shots in our area for Dec. 15 or later so I am still waiting to book mine. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday but daughter showed me fabrics at the quilt shop she was in. I bought 9 fat quarters and a half meter of her choice for her quilt. 

The above are the main part of the quilt. Below is the binding.

The pattern is Tifton Tiles. It will be perfect for her to snuggle underneath when it is done.

I won't be starting this quilt until 2022 which will give me time to think about how to make it a bit big bigger. 

Knitting

I knit on the sock last night and have 39 of the 61 rounds done. It is coming along quickly as I do knit when I'm tired or not feeling like doing much of anything else. 

Today

It is to the quilt shop this morning and, hopefully some sewing this afternoon. Knitting tonight. I'm hoping I will have a good night's sleep as I am tired. I'm trying not to nap this afternoon to see if it will help me out. 

Until the next time.....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment