Monday, November 29, 2021

A Wonderful Morning Shopping

 The weather has been cool and dismal. If it hasn't rained, it's snowed. This morning it is -1C and there is a bit of snow on the deck. We are to have rain or freezing rain today with a high of 4C. 

Lifestyle

On Saturday, we did a repeat of Friday by going back to Coldbrook for books, the quilt shop, and a big hunt for matches. No matches to be found but when I did a search online, I found some in Sackville.

We headed out yesterday morning to Sackville with a list and did our shopping. We got the matches, two Christmas presents, light bulbs, and oil for the garage door. We both enjoyed the time in the store. It wasn't busy and we felt safe. I went into another store for pipe cleaners and got a book to use for grocery lists and a sketch pad to practice free motion quilting designs in. We were home by 11:30 am and feeling mentally much better. 

We are both worried about the new variant being discovered in Canada. We are now planning to be more careful when out and about. I am wearing a 3 layer mask as I go out more than the Spousal Unit. He wears a medical mask and goes out when it is quieter in the stores.  The variant isn't here but we know it will arrive sometime. At this time, I still haven't been able to book my booster shot.

Sewing

I spent almost 2 hours in the sewing room and have the bodice of the dress ready to hand sew the lining to the sleeve seams. I am pleased with the results. 

Once done, I will be ready to tackle the skirt. I am going to take my time with the V part at the center front of the skirt. 

There is a chemise to test but I don't have time to make it. I have the pattern downloaded to make later. I need to find lace for it. I want her lobster tail bustle to make for the new dress pattern she hopes to post in December. 

I got the fabrics for the Kitchen Aid mixer cover. I also bought thread to match one piece and think the thread I have will match the other piece. A lot of cross hatch quilting is going to happen once the pieces are laundered and cut out. 

My replacement doll is on the way. She is in transit and I may get her by Dec. 3. I would love the above dress done before that so she can put it on when she arrives. 

Knitting

The first toe has been knit to where I need to decrease every row for 2 rows. Then I will do the other sock to that point and Kirchner stitch them at the same time. Then it will be time to cast on the last pair for this year. 

Today

It is a stay at home day with laundry, budget, sewing and knitting to be done. The weather is dictating this as it is raining (freezing rain) at the moment.

Until the next time..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment