Wednesday, November 03, 2021

Test Pattern Completed

 Yesterday was another lovely day with lots of sunshine and a high of about 10C. There was a shower about 5 pm last night. This morning it is 5C and we are to have showers and a high of 10C. 

Lifestyle

We headed out to Coldbrook to get apples yesterday morning. It was a lovely drive even though the colors of the leaves have faded. We came home the back way which was another lovely drive. 

I had a short nap before lunch. I was feeling better and had no aches and pains from the flu shot yesterday. I'm happy I'm over that.

With all the sunshine, the Spousal Unit headed outside to do a bit more pruning on the dreaded hedge. We still have to pick up all the trimmings on the ditch side of the hedge. I'll pick an afternoon and do it. 

There were 11 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are 8 people in the hospital with no one in ICU. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon in the sewing room completing the hooded cape. It is an easy pattern to make but it takes time due to the size of it. 

I used a grey ribbon at the neck as I didn't have any cream on hand. I will change that out when I go shopping.

It fits quite well though Nellie doesn't fill the hood due to having short hair. 

It will be a lovely cloak to wear over the historical dresses I've made. 

I am now going to focus on getting the electronics bag completed. I think 2 afternoons and it will be done. It is on the cutting table ready to go. 

Knitting

I have almost completed knitting the body of the sweater. Once done, I will have to sew it up and do the neck ribbing. I'm getting close to knitting socks again. That means winding the yarn into cakes. 

Today

I have a stew to make, some housework to do and the bag to work on. Then it's knitting tonight. We do have to go out to return some items to family if it isn't raining. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment