Tuesday, November 02, 2021

Another Test Pattern Started

Yesterday the weather was greatly improved from the day before. No rain; lots of sunshine and some wind. The high got to 15.6C. This morning it is clear and 1C. We are to have a high of 14C and sunny weather.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning, the Spousal Unit and I were out in the garage in good time and got everything cleaned up. What needed to be put away was put under the stairs. The rest is waiting to go back to our son's place. We took the chop saw off the stand and it is now sideways under the stand. It should be perfect for when I park the car in the garage this winter. It was great to have that job done.

Once done, I had a rest and a short nap. I was exhausted from not sleeping well for several nights, I had a reaction from the flu shot. By last night, the injection site was less sore. I slept well and woke up feeling like myself again this morning. 

There were 59 new cases of the virus and 1 death reported from Saturday to Monday. There are 10 people in the hospital and no one is in intensive care. 

Sewing

I went down and cut out a new pattern to test. It has 2 pieces for the main fabric and the same two for the lining. I got the main fabric sewn and need to cut out the lining before I can finish it. 

I didn't have soutache to sew the fancy design onto the cloak so did a simple design with the trim I had. I quite like it simple. The hood is not sewn on to the cloak but is draped on Nellie's head.  

The fabric is a polyester (and maybe wool blend) suiting fabric and perfect for outer garments. It is quite light and easy to handle. The color is charcoal. The lining is a stripe in 2 shades of grey. I quite like the pattern and it is very easy to sew.

As soon as the test pattern is done, I will finish the electronics bag. I got out the interfacing for it yesterday so am ready to finish it up. 

I have a yearning to make an Irish Chain pattern piece. I may make this table runner using an almost white and pale blue batiks. I just may make it before Christmas. I will need to buy starch as the squares are small - 1.5" cut and 1" finished. 

Knitting

I got one half of the front part of the test sweater knit. It was while doing it that I realized I had done the pattern wrong. The cables are suppose to look like Os as shown in this sweater done by the designer. 

Mine looks like this.

I am finishing it up like this. I will make it again during the winter so I can do the design as written. And dolls do need more sweaters to keep warm. 

Today

The plan is to go get apples this morning. I want to sew this afternoon and knit tonight. 

Until the next time.............................................

 

No comments:

Post a Comment