Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Elliott Is Not Well

We have had some nice weather. The high on Sunday was 12.7C and Monday it was 13.9C. Both days were sunny which was nice. This morning it was 0C. Today we are to have sunshine and 14C.

Lifestyle

I have been busy monitoring Elliott with his bladder blockage. He was doing okay with no pain until this morning. He is stressed once again. He will be at the vets at 8 a.m. for more treatment. We feel sorry for him as he is, once again, in pain. 

On Sunday, I crashed with exhaustion. I hid in the sewing room for 4 hours as I couldn't face the world. I didn't sleep well due to worrying about Elliott. Sunday night I slept poorly again as I was over tired. I did sleep well last night only to be up early this morning dealing with Elliott's issues.

Yesterday I didn't hide in the sewing room. I cleaned the guest room and did laundry. I was finished mid afternoon and happy with the results. Washing floors on your hands and knees can be meditative.  

I did knit yesterday and have 40 rows done on grandson's socks. 

The 4th stitch marker has gone in since the picture was taken. The yarn is a dream to knit with. Between the wool and the silk, it is soft and a delight to handle. 

I still have to deal with the second hank of yarn. It was a mess when I opened it and I am having to wind it by hand. Four hours and half done. Once it is into a ball, I will wind it into a cake and start knitting the 2nd sock. I want to work the heels on both socks at the same time. I find that this works the best for me as I am concentrating on one element at a time. 

Today

I will have Elliott at the vets by 8 a.m. and then I have to have the Spousal Unit to the dermatologist by 1 p.m. I will be exhausted from all this and may not get anything else done today other than clean up after Elliott. 

Until the next time.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment