Thursday, November 11, 2021

Elliott Is Under 24 Hour Care

 Our weather has been nice and not so nice. Sunny, warm, and 16C on Tuesday, cold, wet, and 8C yesterday. Today is to be sunny and cool with a high of 8C today.

Lifestyle

I delivered Elliott to the vet at 8 a.m. on Tuesday. He had another blockage and had a catheter put in for the day. We picked him up at 5 p.m. While he was at the vet, I took the Spousal Unit to the dermatologist in Dartmouth for his yearly check up. All is well for him and he goes again next year. 

Elliott was more alert when we brought him home and we thought all was well. He was straining to pee yesterday morning so once again he was delivered to the vet. Yesterday afternoon we transferred him to a 24 hour emergency vet clinic in Dartmouth. He needs to have the catheter in for the better part of 3 days. 

The trip to the vet clinic was a nightmare. It was raining and during rush hour traffic. I was doing fine until I turned left one stop early. I was on the road to cross the bridge into Halifax. Only 1 way to go - forward and during rush hour traffic it was a nightmare. I was in the right lane to head around the basin and not into downtown Halifax. We crept our way around to Bedford in heavy traffic. Once there, I got onto the road to Dartmouth once again. Less traffic, thank goodness. Google Maps gave me a new way to the vet clinic and we got there safely. By the time we got there, Elliott was talking to us so we were happy to have him checked out and taken care of. We headed home and had a cup of tea to relax before heading to bed. I have to say it was quite the trip. I will be picking him up Friday. 

In the midst of all this, I realized we caught the plane 4 years ago yesterday to move to Nova Scotia. It seems like a long time ago. Part of the reason is the pandemic and staying close at home to be safe. 

While Elliott has been at the vet, I have been cleaning the house. I will do some more today with hopes of finishing it tomorrow morning. The goal is to have it quiet for him for a couple of days after he arrives home. 

There were 56 new cases reported on Tuesday and 30 more yesterday. There is an outbreak in a long term care facility and community spread. The cause is from the faith based gathering. We are being extra careful right now by monitoring the exposure list before we head out to shop. 

Sewing

I did no sewing yesterday and will not be testing the latest Keepers pattern. No time but I will sew it next week on my time. I have an idea which fabrics I will use. 

I did take a picture of the pajama top on the doll. I hope to finish the bottoms this weekend. 

I will be making more of this pattern for the little girl's dolls. 

Knitting

While waiting for a call from the vet, I untangled the hank of yarn. I ended up having 2 balls of yarn as I cut it. What a job. I also spent time knitting on the first sock and have 88 rows knit for the leg. No picture of it.

I wound the larger ball of yarn into a cake. I got the cast on done last night but was so tired I couldn't get it into the round. My brain had shut down for the night. I will watch the video on how to do it and try again. 

Today

Housework, laundry, and out to family's for dinner. I am sure I will need another early night to get caught up on my sleep as I am sleeping poorly. 

Until the next time......................................................



No comments:

Post a Comment