Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Pleats Go One Way

 Yesterday was another muggy day with a high of 31.8C. The humidex made it feel like 41C. We had a warm rain mid afternoon which only added to the humidity. This morning it was 19C at 6 a.m. Another warm day for us. 

Lifestyle

I had to go to the grocery store for my prescription and a few things we needed. When home, I prepped for our grandson's lunch with his friends and then cleaned the front entry. 

The Spousal Unit and I walked the garden yesterday and it is amazing how much it is growing daily. I am going to plant more Swiss Chard as some of the plants are not doing well. 

The lunch for grandson went well with the boys eating on the deck. One boy noticed a wasp going down into the stand of the umbrella so I got my trusty peppermint spray out. I looked under the deck and those guys are building 2 nests under there. Spraying didn't deter the wasp so I got the strong stuff and killed him. The two nest were knocked down (tiny in size) and the area sprayed with the strong stuff. When I turned on the gas on the BBQ last night, I noticed 2 small nests on the inside of the door. They are both gone now. Though not as bad as last year, they are really trying to build nests here so we need to be diligent. 

There was 1 new case of the virus reported yesterday. We move into Phase 3 of the reopening plan today. 

Sewing

I spent a long time putting the cuffs on the shirt. After finishing one and having the second cuff on the sleeve, I realized I had the pleats going the wrong way. After a break to start supper, I fixed the pleats so I can finish the cuffs and do the hem. 

I have been watching more of Rob Appell's videos and am learning things that I've been using with my new machine. I notice I'm guiding the fabric through rather than push/pull it. I do sew slowly but have started to sew just a bit faster which is good. I'm playing with different stitches and will continue to do that when I'm sewing. As I watched Rob free motion quilt, I'm now wanting to pursue that more. I am going to build some big test squares so I can play on them. But, I will be making doll quilts so I can practice piecing. I'm looking forward to all of this.

Today

I have to make a potato salad and devilled eggs this morning for dinner tomorrow. I hope to get the shirt finished and start putting on the snaps. I will probably watch videos tonight though I should read more of the book. I need to take some pictures today also.

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment