Tuesday, June 29, 2021

More Progress On The Shirt

Yesterday was a hot day for us. It was hot and humid in the morning and remained that way all day. The high got to 31.6 but the humidex made it feel like 39C. We had rain after dinner and saw a short but beautiful rainbow. 

This morning it was 18C at 6 a.m. and is to be hot again. We are under a heat warning for the next 2 days. 

Lifestyle

I was outside early in my sock feet hoping the grass was cool to make me feel cool. Nope, it was warm. We visited with our neighbor for a bit but it was too humid to be out for too long. 

The living room got cleaned but not scrubbed. It looks not too bad and will get done better next week. I did do a lot of tidying up of my knitting and got the blankets on the couch. 

There were 4 cases of the virus reported yesterday. Though we will both be fully vaccinated tomorrow, we will continue to be very careful. You don't know what this virus will do. 

Sewing

The sleeves were inserted into the shirt with little to no problems. I had to change out the feed dogs and plate to do the 3 step zig zag to finish the seam edges. While I was doing this, I cleaned the machine, especially the feed dogs. There was fluff in them which can affect them moving the fabric forward when sewing. 

I also got the side seams sewn and am pleased with how the shirt looks. 

The parcel arrived from daughter and I got 9 spools of Glide thread.

My collection is growing and I'm thrilled to have so many spools of this lovely thread. There was a lovely stack of fabric for shirts for the Spousal Unit. I need to do some tweaking on the pattern before I cut out the next shirt. 

I've been watching quilting videos in the evening and did watch one on the disappearing 9 patch by Rob Appell. He showed how you can play with the cuts to get different designs. Has me thinking for the 4 patch for the doll's quilt. I also realized that he doesn't do his squares under 3.5" due to the cuts and how tiny the center square becomes. Another thing I learned. 

Today

I'm out to grocery shop after breakfast as I have my prescription to pick up. I will do a bit of housework, make lunch for grandson and our neighbor's boys, sew, and watch more videos tonight. I'm being lazy during the hottest part of the day and evening. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment