Thursday, June 17, 2021

Progress on the Shirt

 Yesterday started off a bit iffy weather wise but it ended up being a nice day with a high of about 23C. This morning, it was 11C and the sun is shining. 

Lifestyle

I folded a lot of laundry, did 2 loads of laundry, and cleaned up the plumber's mess in the sewing room. I thought I was over the side effects of the vaccine but it hit me in the afternoon and I crashed around 3 p.m.

The Spousal Unit was busy and mowed the lawn in the afternoon. Like me, he crashed around 5 p.m. We both got ourselves together to make dinner and get the recycling and composting ready to go out this morning. Such fun and games we had. Once done, we were tired and went to bed early. 

There were 8 cases of the virus reported yesterday. Our number of active cases is 92 which is going down. We've moved to Phase 2 of the reopening plan. 

Sewing

I cut out the front bands, collar and collar bands yesterday. The front bands got interfaced and sewn on. I finished one button band before I had to stop sewing. I had a headache and was feeling overly tired. 

I'm pleased with how it looks. I used the zipper foot to top stitch very close to the edge and I am happy that is works so well. I've never been able to top stitch that close to the edge.

The next doll's quilt is basically planned. I will be doing disappearing 4 patch blocks. I hope to use up the rest of the golden yellow fabrics so they are gone from the stash. 

Knitting

I knit on the doll's sweater yesterday and spent part of the time unknitting. Once I got going, I was fine as I know the pattern. I'm now knitting the pattern up the front with the majority of the body in plain knitting. 

Today

I'm heading out to hoe the hedge and then inside to sew this afternoon and knit tonight. Another stay at home day.

Until the next time............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment