Sunday, June 13, 2021

The Hedge is Weeded

 Yesterday was a perfect day with lots of sunshine and a high of 20C. This morning it was 8C and it is to be sunny and 22C. Another wonderful day in the making. 

Lifestyle

I headed outdoors yesterday morning early and started to weed the hedge. Just less than 2 hours later I was done. The Spousal Unit had uncovered the plants during that time and was itching to get the tubs outside. He was pacing waiting for me to be done the hedge

While I sat on the deck steps, he hauled out the tubs and put them where I told him to. I then put them into their proper positions and he watered them. I planted 6 tomato plants and 2 geraniums before we called it quits and went inside to hydrate. It was almost noon. After lunch, the Spousal Unit mowed some lawns. It was a busy day in the yard. 

I lost 1.8 lbs this past week and have lot 36.8 lbs in total. I am the lightest I've been in years. I am eating well with portion control, not snacking, and moving more. 

There were 10 cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are 145 active cases with 10 people in the hospital. Of those 10, 6 are in intensive care. 

Sewing

I headed to the sewing room for the afternoon. My first job was to finish the piping I started. Bubble gum pink fairy frost. 

I sew the piping on the Diamond and it is really noisy compared to the Juki. When done, I touched a button and found the free motion quilting part. I'm going to give it a try to see if it works or if it will be a fight. 

Once done the piping, I ironed the fabric for the Spousal Unit's shirt. I got the fronts and back cut out and sewn. Next was the yokes. I have to turn the edge under on one front yoke and they are ready to be sewn down. 

The fabric is light weight and very soft. I am thinking of starching it to give it a bit of body when I do the pockets, button band, and collar. They are all bias and need to some stabilization. 

After sewing doll clothes and piecing quilt blocks, sewing human clothes is scary. There is a lot of fabric to handle and the seams are huge at 5/8". I was over the scare by the time I got the yokes almost done. 

Knitting

I finished the Gotz doll's sweater last night and it is cute. I have started on the hat that goes with it. I have really enjoyed knitting with expensive yarn as it is so smooth and silky. 

Pictures will be coming as I need to do a photo shoot. 

Today

I have a lot of laundry to do. The blankets used to cover the plants all need to be done along with our own laundry. I will be at that all day. I do want to sew on the shirt and knit on the hat. It is another stay at home day.

Until the next time...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment