Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Record's Broken Again

Yesterday started off lovely; warm and humid. Before noon, the rain came and it poured. The high got to 29C and another record was broken. We got about 1/4" of rain; maybe more here. It rained during the night and the temperature this morning is 17C. The tropical depression has passed and we could see sunshine this afternoon.

Lifestyle

I cleaned the bathroom yesterday. It has a lot of fluff in it (toilet paper) so I have to wipe things down. Yesterday it was scrub, scrub, scrub. Now it is to keep 2 rooms tidy as I proceed to clean the house once again. 

Grandson was up and got most of the ditch weed whacked. He had to quit when it started to rain. He spent the day visiting, reading, and bugging the cat. 

The Spousal Unit weeded the vegetable plots as they have a lot of little weeds in them. He will have to keep at it this summer as there is a lot of them still showing up and too small to pull. 

There were 2 new cases of the virus and 2 deaths reported yesterday. The province is ramping up 2nd doses to try and get 75% of the total population vaccinated quickly. 

Sewing

The collar is on the shirt and it was a big job. I wanted it on as perfectly as possible. I'm pleased with the results. The pocket flaps are sewn and top stitched and the pockets cut out and starched. They are ready to be trimmed to size now. 

I am certainly learning the value of starch when using soft fabrics like the shirting for this project. It stabilizes the fabric for cutting out especially on the bias. What is good for quilting is good for wovens when garment sewing. 

I updated what I've sewn in June and it is impressive. I forgot to put in the piping I made for daughter. I'll get that in today. All those outfits used up only 2.5 meters of fabric. Add in 3 meters for the shirt and it will be 5.5 meters. The year's total is 34 meters sewn. The guessing game will be - Will I sew more than 50 meters this year?

Knitting

Pictures got taken yesterday. Laura was excited to model the sweater and hat. 

I will knit this again and do one more pattern row on the sleeves and cast off the neckline using a larger sized needle. Other than that, I am pleased with the pattern. 


The designer's two patterns. I look forward to knitting another one of hers that I have bought. 

I knit on the sweater for the little girl. I am ready to divide for the body and add the sleeves. So far I am happy with the pattern and it is easier to knit the 2nd time. 

Today

We get hair cuts today and then home. I want to get the pockets on the shirt and get the fabric ready to cut out the sleeves and cuffs. I will knit tonight. Tonight is to be cooler so hopefully we can sleep with the windows open rather than have the a/c running and our bedroom warm. 

Until the next time...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment