Monday, June 28, 2021

Sleeve Plackets Done

 Yesterday was warm at 27C but the humidity made it feel more like 35C. It was also quite cloudy all day. This morning it was 22C with the humidity making it feel like 30C. We are to see 31C today with sunshine.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I cleaned the dining area and washed the floor. It is nice to have that area clean once again. 

Mid afternoon, grandson called for us to have ice cream with them and off we went. After eating the ice cream we went for a drive. It was an enjoyable time out. 

The flowers in the front of the house are blooming. 

I need to put in another hosta next year as one has died.

There were 3 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. 

Sewing

I cut out the sleeve and got the placket on right this time. I checked to make sure all was correct at least 3 times. I sewed slowly and carefully as I used the placket I had cut. All went well. 

The first placket I sewed on correctly. I pinned the placket shut.

The second placket sewn on perfectly. 

I've been watching videos done by Rod Appell. This one was a refresher for me as I need to focus more on letting the feed dogs take the fabric through when stitching rather than pulling or pushing. I watched several more of his videos for cutting and pressing accuracy. Not only is this good for quilting, but it's good for all types of sewing. I am quite liking his patterns and tips and techniques.

Knitting

I'm reading a book and having a break. 

Today

The next area to tidy up is the living area. I hope to get it done today. I hope to get the sleeves into the shirt this afternoon and read tonight. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment