Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Sewing Little and Thinking Lots

 We've had some warm weather lately with yesterday's high of 29.6C breaking the high record by 1C. This morning it is 21C with a humidex of 28C. There are showers and thundershowers in the forecast for today. A storm that started in Florida will be passing by the Atlantic coast. 

Lifestyle

We have been in and out over the weekend. I was to Dartmouth on Saturday for a quick shop with daughter-in-law. Sunday we stayed home and yesterday we were to get apples and visit the used book store. 

The heat and humidity has taken its toll on us. We have been tired and have naps in the afternoon. Our bedroom is warm so we sleep poorly which has become a cycle of napping and poor night sleeping. Hopefully we will get a couple of cool nights so we can sleep well.

I've been doing okay with cooking on the BBQ. I did cook a lasagna using indirect heat. Didn't burn it and it was cooked and hot. I did baby sit the BBQ a lot though. 

I cleaned the kitchen well on Sunday. It got the scrubbing it needed and I am keeping up with it daily. It gets away from me when I'm outside every day doing weeding, etc. I just have to do some every night so I don't fall behind.

Our new cases daily have been dropping and, for the first time since March 29, we had no new cases reported yesterday. The number of people in the hospital with Covid is down to 3 and the number of active cases is 79.

Sewing

I have the collar done and ready to go onto the shirt. It went together well and I am happy with it. Hopefully today I can get it sewn on. 

Though I'm not sewing a lot due to being tired, I am thinking all the time about the next projects. 

  • Quilted squares about 10" x 10" out of the cat fabric for on the table for hot items.
  • Mug rugs for on our end tables to put cups onto
  • Doll's quilt and pillow case
  • Doll's top and capris for the wardrobe I'm making
  • Doll's blouse out of the Spousal Unit's shirt scraps

It looks like July and August's sewing. 

The insert for my machine is being made. I've had several emails and I sent them a lot of pictures and information in my last reply. 

Knitting

I finished the hat to go with the red sweater. I had 18" of yarn left from the 50 gram ball. It was close. 

I cast on the sweater I last tested to make a 2nd one in dusty rose. I have the sleeves knit and the ribbing knit on the body. 

I haven't ordered any yarn yet. I'm being slow on ordering the yarn from Great Britain but will have to hit pay in the next 24 hours. I will be out of the 2 weight yarn when done the sweater I am now knitting. 

Today

Grandson is coming over for the day to do some chores for us. I plan on scrubbing the bathroom and sewing on the shirt. I will knit tonight. I hope to get some pictures taken today also. It is a stay at home day for us. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment