Sunday, June 27, 2021

A Dumb Sewing Mistake

 Yesterday was warm and humid. The wind was warm though it had moments where it was cool. The high got to 27.2C which wasn't a record breaker. This morning it was 23C with a humidex of 30C at 6 a.m. The high is to get to 28C today. 

Lifestyle

Life has been busy. I was to the city on Friday to get items we needed and was home before lunch time. I was tired as I was having an IBS attack. I slept for an hour after lunch which didn't help much. The attack was done by bedtime. 

Yesterday I cleaned the washer and dryer and the hallway. Once done, we were out for a drive to Mt. Uniacke for fertilizer. We had a lovely drive and got home just before lunch time. 

I have been learning a lot about BBQing this past week. I did pork chops on Friday and realized I should be putting them in a brine. Last night I did steak and it was delicious. 

I lost 1.6 lbs this week and am .7 lb from 40 lbs lost. I am the lightest I've been in 10 years. I am happy with what I've done so far. 

On Friday there were 16 cases of the virus reported and on Saturday 11 cases. Most are within a group of linked families. 

Sewing

I sewed yesterday and cursed at myself. I did the placket on the first sleeve wrong and have to cut a new sleeve. I had thought I had it right and after I had cut the slash in the placket, I realized I had put the placket on the front of the sleeve and not the back. The 2nd sleeve's placket went in perfectly. I checked and double checked before I did any cutting.

I watched a new video on sewing long seams when quilting. It works for garment sewing also. The person is sewing on the same machine I have so it was good to learn a few tricks as he used the machine. I also learned a few trick and reminders about pressing. All good information as I move forward on quilting. 

I measured the washer and dryer to make a cloth to cover the top and down the sides of them. I will do mitered corners and put weights in the corners to hold this runner in place. 

Knitting

I got buttons on the sweater and took pictures of the outfit. 

I like the pink sweater with the skirt much better than the blue one. 

I cleaned up my knitting and put away most of it. I am reading a book for a few days before I start my next project. I decided I needed a break. 

Today

The goal is to clean the dining area. I want to get the sleeves sewn into the shirt and read tonight. We are going nowhere today.

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment