Saturday, June 12, 2021

Wind, Frost, And A Power Outage

 Thursday was a cool day with a lot of wind (30-50 km/hour). The sun did shine but it was cool enough for a frost warning which we did get. Yesterday was warmer and a lot nicer. Though there was a frost warning once again, we didn't get any. Today is to be nice with a high of 20C. 

Lifestyle

On Thursday I was shopping to get things we needed but were unable to get locally. When I got home, the wind had killed 3 tomato plants so we got out all the blankets and covered all the plants to save them from the wicked wind and the frost we had yesterday morning. 

Yesterday we uncovered the all the plants and I set about weeding 8 bushes in the dreaded hedge. Only 8 left to go and then I need to hoe the hedge to get it looking great. We covered the plants again last night. We hope for the last time until fall. 

Just after 2 p.m., the TV went off but the sewing machines were on. I tried the light, no light. When I went to check the breakers, the power went off. Outside you could hear sirens and we are assuming an accident caused our area to be without power. We got power on just before 4 p.m. 

Sewing

I had to unstuff the pillow and make it smaller. It was too big for the pillow case. The pillow case was a fast make and quite cute. 

Next time, I will add to the body of the pillow. 

I was sewing together bias strips to make piping when the power went off. I have a couple of strips left to attach and then I can make piping. I found a full bateau (50 meters) of cording when shopping on Thursday. I will probably need another 50 meters before I finish making piping for daughter. 

I didn't get to practice free motion quilting due to the power being out. 

Knitting

I finished the test pattern only to find out I have sleeve done wrong. I'll photograph the outfit on the doll so you can't see the sleeve and then toss the sweater and knit it again. 

I worked on the Gotz doll sweater and took a picture of it at this stage. 


I have since finished the pattern, done 2 rows of plain knitting and am ready to knit the row where I add the sleeves. I quite like this sweater and the color combination is growing on me. 

Today

I hope to finish weeding the hedge today and plant tomatoes. Then it's sewing piping and getting the Spousal Unit's shirt ready to cut out. I hope to knit on the doll's sweater tonight. It's another day at home. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment