Friday, July 02, 2021

What Will Happen Next In BC/

 After the hot weather, we finally felt cool last night. A cool wind came in and the temperature dropped. We were happy. This morning, it was 13C and it is trying to rain. 

Lifestyle

It has been an interesting 24-36 hours. We had a lovely dinner at families house with them and friends. We really enjoyed it immensely. I made potato salad and devilled eggs. We had burgers, chips, salads, eggs, and chocolates for dessert. 

Since yesterday morning, we have been following a fire south of Ashcroft where we use to live. A whole community has been leveled by fire. The town had 15 minutes to evacuate. They are still trying to find people and know 2 people perished in the fire. That fire is now 8000+ hectors.

There are fires everywhere in BC; almost a repeat of 2017. There was one up in the hills east of Kamloops that had parts of the city being evacuated. All ended well in that one with no homes lost and the fire out. There are other fires throughout the province and the ones we are tracking are out of control. Add to that, the snow in the Rockies is melting due to the extreme heat they had putting an area where friends live into a flood watch. 

With the cooler evening and the stress of the fires, we crashed early last night. We slept better but it will take a few days for us to get back to normal. 

There were 4 cases of the virus reported for each of the past 2 days. 

Sewing

Instead of sewing I've been napping or watching videos. Once the Spousal Unit's shirt is done, I will be making another doll quilt. I'm hoping to do a star quilting design on it and I will have to work it out in my head.

I have also decided I will quilt two squares for our plates. They will be the cat fabric and if there is enough left over fabric, I will make 2 pot holders. I will continue to do both doll sewing and quilting this month. 

Today

I'm over to family's this morning and I want to finish the Spousal Unit's shirt today. I may even cast on a sweater for the doll's. 

Until the next time.........................................


No comments:

Post a Comment