Wednesday, June 09, 2021

Another Hot Day

 Yesterday the temperature got to 32C and it was another hot day. It was slow to cool off overnight and we woke to a thunder storm and showers. Still warm outside and humid. Today is to be cooler but we won't see any real relief until tonight. 

Lifestyle

Grandson was here yesterday and he weed whacked in the morning before it got too hot. He spent time inside and out in the afternoon and I took him and the Spousal Unit for ice-cream in the afternoon. 

I cleaned the front landing yesterday and took the mat outside to hose it clean. It took 4 hours for it to dry but it looks so clean now. I am happy with what I got done. 

There were 17 cases of the virus reported yesterday. Most are related to other cases or from travel outside the province. Looking at information, our county as no cases of the virus which is nice. 

Sewing

Yesterday's goal was to put away items that needed putting away. I did it very quickly as I've been pretty good about that. I need to look in a cupboard for a few small baskets to put some loose items into and put away some embroidery thread. I've ignored the thread for so long, I don't see it. 

I finished up wiggling the quilt and was more relaxed yesterday. I also realized I wasn't gripping the fabric tight enough while wiggling. That helped. Though not perfect, it is done and the binding is now being hand sewn down.

Some doll will enjoy this quilt even though it isn't perfect. It is part of the learning process I am going through. The next doll's quilt is being designed in my head and I will watch videos to help me do the piecing. I also have a couple of ideas on how I will baste it this time. While all of this is peculating in my mind, I will make the Spousal Unit a shirt. 

Knitting

I am working on the sweater and have about 15 rows before I start knitting the collar. It is a cute pattern but not one I will knit again. Once done, I will be going back to the Gotz doll's sweater I set aside to test this pattern. 

Today

My plans are unclear. I'm deciding if I want to go shop in the city for items we need or if I should stay at home. Decisions, decisions. I hope to hand stitch more on the binding and knit tonight. 

Until the next time.........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment