Thursday, June 10, 2021

Quilt Finished

 Yesterday was a warm and humid day. The high got to 27C though it felt warmer than that. It cooled off to 10C during the night and is to be 17C today. Lots of sunshine also.

Lifestyle

I chose to stay at home yesterday so the plants could be put out. I got all the flowers and the tomato plants done and am happy with the results. The Spousal Unit got the tomato cages and kept the watering can filled. 

I was tired and had a hard time getting out of first gear yesterday. I did sit and rest some after doing the planting but I had a hard time getting myself going. 

There were 13 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. The total number of cases dropped down to just over 160 which is good news. 

Sewing

I sat in the sewing room and finished hand sewing the binding onto the doll's quilt. I am happy that it's done and now I can make a pillow and pillow case to go with it. 

I found a new series of videos by the Crafty Gemini. I started off with video 2 (in the link) and will be practicing straight line stitching. The goal is to get the feel of the machine and hand speed to get a stitch length you like. I will get some cotton out and do her lessons. 

Once the pillow and case are done, I am going to sew the Spousal Unit a shirt. I can practice quilting in between. 

Knitting

I got the body done on the test pattern, increased for the collar and am knitting on it. Knitting the body took a lot of concentration due to the pattern (easy) and the decreases for the front and raglan sleeves. The combination made me read each row carefully out loud to get it correct. 

Today

I'm off to the city for the morning and then home to sew and knit. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment