Saturday, June 05, 2021

Practicing Sewing With Knits Done

 Yesterday was a warm day with a high of 23.3C. This morning it is 13C and fog has been drifting in. It is to get to 29C today. A hot day for us. 

Lifestyle

We headed out yesterday to get plants and a few other odds and ends. We did it quickly and before the crowds came out. We were home before noon and was happy to have the job done. 

The Spousal Unit got almost all the lawns mowed yesterday. It is long and thick and lush. He was tired when done and has one more session before the job is complete. 

After dinner, we got an email and the Spousal Unit gets his 2nd dose of vaccine on June 14. That is 4 weeks earlier than expected. 

There were 15 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. The number of active cases declines daily. Hopefully we are coming out of the third wave and can have a bit of a summer break while people get their vaccinations. 

Sewing

I finished the wrap dress and it is a cute muslin. 

It fits well and is cute on the doll. I'm debating if I'd do a back opening on this dress for easier fitting. I am going to try it on the Gotz doll's dress when I make it. 

I'm done with knits for now and am ready to piece a doll's quilt after l look for fabric in the stash. I want to do it as a learning to press and cut project. 

Knitting

I finished the first sleeve and knit the 2nd one. The stitches for the body of the sweater are cast on and ready to go. It will be a nice project to work on this coming week when it's too hot to be outside. 

Today

I'm heading out soon to get a few groceries, will clean the house. I want to spend a bit of time in the sewing room cleaning up and we are out for dinner tonight. Back yard dining and it will be fun. 

Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment