Monday, June 07, 2021

A Doll's Quilt Top Completed

Yesterday was a warm day with a high of 25C. Not as hot as Saturday which was nice as we are to see mid 30's today and tomorrow. We are under a heat warning for the next 48 hours. This morning it is 14C which is lovely and cool. I stood out on the deck for a bit enjoying it. 

Lifestyle

I cleaned the dining area yesterday and washed the floors. The dusting is done and it amazing how much pollen got into the house and will continue to as there are a lot of trees flowering in the area. 

We had our grandson over for a few hours yesterday and we enjoyed that. 

The Spousal Unit didn't have a lot to do as he got the yard work caught up. The ditch needs doing and that will be grandson's job on Tuesday. 

There were 12 new cases of the virus and 32 recoveries reported yesterday giving us 204 active cases in the province. It is coming down from people doing their best to follow the restrictions and getting vaccinated. 

Sewing

My little blocks grew into a doll's quilt. I had a lot of fun with this little project and left the sewing room happy but tired. I sewed, I measured, I trimmed and it payed off. 

It is pretty accurate but not perfect. I'm blaming me for the inaccuracies. But, I did learn a lot. The plain cotton is thin and needed more starch. I will use the 1/4" foot next time though it wasn't recommended as it has the edge piece on it. I've had no problems with it before but I was following the directions given by Leah Day. 

I pressed all the seams flat using Leah Day's method and I'm thrilled with how flat the quilt looks on both the front and back. 

I stood and admired my work for quite a while and reflected on how much I learned. 

While quilting this doll's quilt, I am going to spend some time daily cleaning the sewing room. I'm going to start with garbage and 15 minutes. We will see where I get in that amount of time. I have no strict time line so this may take all summer.

I'm also wanting to organize the sewing room and between Scissor Tail Quilting and Karen Brown I will work on it until I get the room the way I want it to be. I am wanting the room to look pretty and to be organized. For me this is an ongoing process.

One of the things I have come to grips with is the green chair covering and cube fabric totes. I was going to get rid of the color but now I'm not. I'm going to pair it with raspberry and let it give the room a good punch of color. I need to find fabric and get started on what it is I want to create, a bit at a time.

Knitting

I have the ribbing done and got started on the pattern. There is a mistake that I had to go back to the group and find out how to correct it. Vague information so I used the pattern from the skirt and the pictures and got it figured out. 

My next little project is to knit some lace for doll clothes. I found this delightful pattern and want to try it using some fine yarn I have. It will be perfect for historical doll clothes. 

Today

I'm going to clean up the living area this morning, clean the sewing room for 15 minutes and sandwich the doll's quilt in the afternoon. Tonight is knitting.

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment