Friday, June 18, 2021

Plodding Along

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day with a high of 22C. This morning it is 9C and sunny. We could see 25C by the end of the day. 

Lifestyle

I weeded the road side of the hedge yesterday morning. I was able to use the hoe on most of it but did have to weed some of it by hand. The yard side has less weeds so it won't take too long to do.

We are both tired of everything and it is affecting us more than we think. It has been hard to stay safe and not go anywhere. Another 10 days and we will look at venturing out for a day trip. We will have to follow all the rules but it will allow us to see some of the province. 

To add injury to how we feel, the oven of the stove decided to overheat and we now have to replace the stove. It seems as if this part dies about the age of ours for this model. Seems as if it isn't worth fixing nor do I want to play with it if we can't find someone to do the job. 

There were 14 new cases of the virus reported yesterday and the number of active cases is up to 97. There are less people in the hospital which is good. 

Sewing

I decided to test a pattern yesterday and made a top with a sweetheart neckline. I just have the back opening to finish and snaps to add. It is a well drafted pattern that has great instructions. 

I used a chambray fabric that matches a skirt I made a bit ago. I now have 3 pieces for that wardrobe. I bought a pattern to make capris and got the free pattern this week for shorts. I'll slowly sew and knit items for the wardrobe as time permits. 

Knitting

I finished knitting the sweater for the Gotz dolls. I need to sew up the arm seams, block and set aside so I can use it in an outfit for them. 

I am thinking about what to knit next. Will it be a sweater for the wardrobe or another sweater for the Gotz dolls? I have to decide by tonight. I have many ideas floating around in my head 

I also have to order yarn and finally got the British website to work. The cost of shipping and duties is more than the yarn but it works out less per 100 grams than ordering from a Canadian website. The yarn I'm ordering here is merino wool where as the other is acrylic. I like acrylic for the outfits I knit for the little girl though she has gotten outfits knit out of wool. I'm thinking on this. 

Today

I'm off to get a stove and then to finish the top and photograph it. Tonight I will knit. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment