Thursday, June 03, 2021

Another T-Shirt Made

Yesterday was a gorgeous summery day. The sun shone all day and the high got to 25C. This morning it is 13C and we should see a repeat of yesterday (25C). There is to be showers tonight.

Lifestyle

I was out in good time to weed the yard side of the hedge. I used the hoe and hand weeded where I had to. I have 16 bushes left to do. I'm over half done and am happy with the progress I made. I seemed to have wrenched my knee as it was sore and stiff for the rest of the day. 

Once done the weeding, I helped stabilize the tomato cages we use for cucumbers. The Spousal Unit planted both types of cucumbers. 

We sat on the deck for a bit but it was getting really hot. We noticed the wasps are back and annoying us. When I lifted the cover off the BBQ, they had started about 5 nests in that area. A bit of research and some thinking and I had something to try. 

I made a very strong pure peppermint tea (3 bags in a cup of water). I put it into a spray bottle and sprayed the BBQ cover and the air around it. The wasps left in a hurry. It seems they don't like the smell of peppermint. I sprayed again this morning to see if it keeps them away from the deck area. 

There were 17 new cases of the virus and 2 deaths reported yesterday. Reopening began yesterday and it was a good day to stay home. 

Sewing

I headed down after lunch to the sewing room and made another sleeveless t-shirt for the dolls. I sewed snaps on the other t-shirt before starting this one.

No noticeable stretching as the fit is really good. 

I just have the snaps to sew on this one and it is done. 

I am finding that I am loosing interest in pattern testing. You have to follow the pattern when I want to try techniques. It has lost its excitement for me. I will be leaving the group this year. 

One of things I want to do is finish the couture sewing course and I will be looking for a table so I can work down in the sewing room. Once done, I may join Sewing With Cinnamon and learn her tricks and techniques. I'm thinking late fall. 

My plan is to sew using up the patterns I have, follow the program, and make my dolls and the little girl's dolls clothes - modern and historical. I need a bit of fun in my sewing life again. I realized that when learning to sew knit fabrics.

Knitting

I finished the skirt last night and had yarn left over. Quite a bit of yarn left over. I will cast on the sweater tonight and start knitting it. 

I am thinking of cutting my knitting back to 1 project a month rather than finish one, start a new one. I want to knit more for my dolls and knit the patterns I have bought and not touched. I also want to be able to knit other things and not worry about meeting testing deadlines. I really think I'm either tired or burnt out from testing. 

Today

We are heading out this morning for a few things and want to be home by lunch time. This afternoon, I hope to draft the wrap dress and tonight set up the test pattern (sweater). 

Until the next time............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment