Friday, June 04, 2021

The Wrap Dress Muslin

 Yesterday was cloudy but still warm with a high of 24.7C. There were a few showers during the night and this morning, the temperature is 17C. It is suppose to get to 22C today. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning we headed out to Coldbrook to get apples and while at the place, went into their greenhouse. We got two varieties of tomatoes. We came home after that feeling the other places would be getting busy. A bit at a time for us. 

The Spousal Unit mowed part of the lawn yesterday and it is looking nice and even. We are happy about that. I keep spraying peppermint tea around the deck area and the wasps are staying away. If they venture in, I spray and they leave. Only 1 ventured in yesterday. I will spray again after the showers are done and the deck dries off. 

There were 25 cases of the virus and 1 death reported yesterday. The person was in their 30's. There are about 56% of the province's overall population having 1 dose of the vaccine. 

Sewing

I hacked the t-shirt pattern into the wrap dress. It is a muslin as I am learning things about the hack. The back needed to have the 1/4" seam allowance removed. My version has a back seam and the seam allowance has been cut off the pattern. 

There are a few more tweaks to be made to the dress around the neckline. I want to add 1/8" to the back neck. 

The black fabric is very hard to see and sew. I'm not sure if I will use it up or put it into the trash. 

I am following Leah Day's videos on how to prepare and cut fabric. I'm going to have a little play session starching fabric, getting the fabric on grain, cutting it out and sewing together 4 patches to make a doll's quilt. A great way to learn new techniques. 

For pressing, I have been following Karen Brown's method for pressing seams to one side. Now, I'm going to try Leah Day's method of pressing the seams open. There is so much to learn. And I'm willing to learn. I will reference this when I start practicing.

Knitting

I cast on the first sleeve of the test pattern and am just about half done it. Though cute, I'm feeling slightly blah about testing at the moment. I will finish this one and not do another test pattern until July. 

Today

We are thinking of heading out to get more plants and a few other things this morning. If it gets busy, we will head home as we are not going to be in crowded places. I will work on the wrap dress and knit tonight. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment