Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Wiggles

 It was hot yesterday. The high got to 32.7C and it broke a record for our area. This morning it is 18C and it will be another hot day with chances of a thunder storm later this afternoon. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I cleaned the living area. Not completely done but much better than before. It will get done today.

With the heat came crankiness. We were both hot and had a few things to do outside. Watering the lawn and plants caused us to bicker. Once inside and cooled down, we were tired but not as cranky. We have run both the upstairs and basement a/c for 24 hours to keep the house cool. 

There were 14 cases of the virus reported yesterday. 61% of the population is vaccinated first dose. I can hardly wait for the number of people getting their 2nd dose is at that percentage. 

Sewing

I spent about 30 minutes before lunch in the sewing room. The goal was to get rid of garbage and recycling. That I did and while I was at it, I cleaned off most of the cutting table. Today is returning items to where they belong. I don't have a lot of extras come into the sewing room that belong elsewhere but I do need to put a few things away in their rightful spots. That's today's job. 

I got the doll's quilt sandwiched and pinned. I did wiggles on it and almost cried. What did I miss doing? I thought I had done it right according to Leah Day's instructions.

I have wrinkles. I was upset with that until I realized this is the first free motion quilting I've done in 12 years. It's wiggles. They will show the worst mistakes as I only crossed vertical lines and not horizontal lines. And, I didn't miss any steps in preparing the quilt.

I need to add more pins to help hold the fabric tight though there are no wrinkles on the back. I will continue with the more dense wiggles and the next time I will loosen up a bit. And I realized the dolls won't mind a quilt that isn't perfect as I learn the ins and outs of free motion quilting. 

When I left the sewing room, I realized I had taken a big step forward and actually did the wiggles on a project. Next up I will look at a couple more videos and plan the next doll's quilt. I also have to do a stipple block to get the idea of stippling in my memory. 

Knitting

I knit on the test pattern and have the sleeves added to the body. All the stitches are on two circular needles and will be for a while longer. 

One part of the cleaning the living area was to control the knitting mess. The sweater for the Gotz dolls is in a bag and waiting until I get this sweater done. It is nice to have only 1 project on the couch while I knit. Even Elliott likes the empty space to stretch out on. 

Today

Grandson is coming up today and weed eating the ditch. I want to finish the living area and do the front entry. Then a bit of putting things away in their correct spot in the sewing room before I do more quilting. Or shall we say wiggling. Tonight is knitting. With it so hot today, we will be moving at a snail's pace. 

Until the next time................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment