Saturday, May 01, 2021

Another Pair Of Leggings Done

 Yesterday morning was wet and the rain stopped in the afternoon. The high got to 8.8C and just over 1/2" rain fell. This morning we woke to have had rain overnight and 3C at 6 a.m. We wait and see what today will be like weather wise. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I pushed it and got the bathroom, hall, and kitchen cleaned up plus 2 loads of laundry done. It felt good getting that much done. 

I also filed our taxes after working on them for a long, long time. I'm glad they are done to my satisfaction. 

There were 70 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. Numbers are down but they will probably go back up. There is a back log of about 45,000 tests to be processed. People have stepped up to the plate to get tested and we will see the results from that. We are waiting for a pop-up rapid testing site to open near us to be done again. 

Sewing

I decided to sew the leggings yesterday. I am not impressed with myself as I put on the wrong presser foot. Once I realized that, things went together better. I am pleased with the results. 

Lots of good matching happened. 

I also spent some time taking files off My Passport Ultra onto the laptop in the sewing room. I formatted the passport so I can put files from both the Mac and PC onto it. I am working on the Mac right now downloading a lot of files and organizing them on the passport. They are all sewing and knitting patterns I have all over the place -- internet, download and the Mac. I'm working on the downloaded files right now. The passport will be used to access files on both laptops and keep the drives virtually empty.

Knitting

I knit and I ripped out and knit and ripped out the beret I am working on. When I did the math, I did it wrong and had too many stitches. I knit on the wrong size needles. After taking a deep breath, I got it right and am knitting the rows after the band and before the decreases. A project that should be done but isn't. I'm now enjoying the knit. 

Today

I'm not sure of everything I will get done but I do want to fold laundry and tidy up the dining room. I may even start the living room area. Sewing and knitting will round out my day. 

Until the next time...........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment